Albany Twp, Berks County & West Penn Twp, Schuylkill County - Help

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
Re: Albany Twp, Berks County & West Penn Twp, Schuylkill County - Help

Don, this 2nd last farm is the white square with the dot on your tax list map here's a
photo of the house on the north side of the road
IMG_5550_2.JPG
and the barn on the south side of the road
IMG_5552_2.jpg
this is the field aside of the house nice and level and you can see the cemetary in the
backround seems like this field would've been connected to your ancester
IMG_5553_2.JPG
this is the last farm on Hawk Mt Rd. before you turn left on New Bethel Church Rd.
back view
IMG_5557_2.JPG
front view
IMG_5564_2.JPG
once you pass the last house 100yrds. more and you make the left on New Bethel Ch. Rd.
IMG_5565_2.JPG

i hope this helps you in some way when you begin your search for your ancesters this year

PaDiggin

Mar 11, 2011
Eastern Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Re: Albany Twp, Berks County & West Penn Twp, Schuylkill County - Help

I know this is a very old topic but I have some info that might help Don is he hasn't been able to locate the information he was seeking..

A friend of mine is a direct decendant of the Strasser that settled in Albany Township and the best part.. he is a very well known historian and will be able to help you. His name is Brendan Strasser, he is president of the Kutztown Historical Society. His email address is [email protected] Drop him an email and i am sure he'll be more than happy to help you out if you still need it :)

Rick

alpacalady

Apr 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Thank
Thank you for this map!!!!!!! my GGGGGGGGrandfather's Stapleton Farm is on here!!!! Thank you!!! You made my day!!!!

Tracker

Aug 7, 2012
New Smithvlle, PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Pioneer 505
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are in my backyard!
if you need any help (boots on the ground) let me know. I can drive around and confirm roads or take pictures etc.
also if you need help translating anything send me a picture, my wife's grandparents speak PA Dutch and know Hi German.

If I remember correctly there is an old barn with the name Strasser painted on it on Hawk Mt road. I will drive over and look in the next few days. If there is I will take a picture and post it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread