Alerts from TN app

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
How do I stop receiving alerts every time a thread I replied to has new posts? I am using the app on my iPhone and have even gone as far as to unsubscribe from the threads which I guess I am subscribed to automatically each time I reply to a thread. I am still receiving the alerts and I believe they are eating up my data bandwidth on my phone. I have looked at all options and settings and don't see anyway to turn this off.

Hoppus

Aug 20, 2012
Reno, NV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'm getting 30+ updates every half hour or so, phone goes beserk...I've uninstalled the app twice now....I'll reinstall once I hear its fixed...

Darrenjay

Oct 10, 2012
South Africa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mine says i have alerts even when i dont, in settings, i just selected the app and turned off all alerts and has been working fine

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Log into the app, then go to thread you want to un-subscribe from, click it so you read post, then click options, menu opens and one of the options there is unsubscribe, click it.....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I uninstalled the app from my phone as well. I am not going to unsubscribe from every thread I am following just to keep my phone from going crazy with alerts. When the owners have the app rewritten to allow user control of settings like that I MIGHT try installing it again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread