alil help new area wv

marty from missouri

Jun 17, 2009
hello everyone
I have not had a chance to post or get online a seperation/pending divorce has me a lil rattled atm i am no longer in missouri but living in west virginia wayne co very close to the ohio river .wanted to say hello to everyone and thinking that getting back out hunting points and clearing my head will do me some good if anyone can suggest some areas near here that would be great have not hadf the time to start doing any research of this state and area i am in yet . goodluck and great hunting your finds ans pics are bringing my smile back goodluck everyone.

marty

Upvote 0

ShowmeMoflint

Dec 27, 2008
L.C.M.O.
Detector(s) used
eyeballs and walking stick
Well all I can say is good luck hunting hope it works for ya.If you decide to come back you are at least guaranteed she will refund your misery.

Bluesy

Jul 27, 2009
Missouri
Sorry to hear you are having a rough spot, Marty, and I think you are right that getting out in the fresh air could help. Good luck and I hope everything gets better for you very soon. Looking forward to seeing some finds from your new area! :)

P

pickaway

maybe start on the river banks, hunt feeder creeks look for fields along river and feeder creeks.

huntnman

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
The Ohio River beaches and banks are a great place to start along with the Kanawha river. Just make sure to stay below the high water mark. Beter ask permission on smaller creeks and feilds. People round here get upset at trespassers. Old logging and gaswell roads on ridge tops are great areas to. If you can find some bare ground on a low gap or saddle on a ridge or where 3-4 ridges meet are good spots especially when theres a spring or 2 there. If you can get in the kanawha valley somewhere there are quite a few paleo peices found in there. The winfeild/buffalo area in mason county along the kanawha is loaded with stuff just be sure to get permission and be ready to walk in others footprints. Just like everywhere else state and federal lands are off limits. Most islands in the ohio are state owned. I find late fall early spring a little better searching the beaches, alot less footprints to follow. Maybe we will bump into each other sometime, if you find big ole kick marks on the beach I probably found a heartbreaker there so if ya find the other half send it my way lol.

good luck

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
you wont go wrong hunting the ohio river,I used to hunt there quite a bit when it was more convenient to get there.some people say there were only two campsites on the ohio river,the ohio side and the west virginia side.lol.you can find relics just about anywhere.good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread