rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to do a yak trip today but it was about 20 miles long and I would of been by myself. No houses and I figured it might be better if I wait till somebody else could go with me. Never know what could happen by yourself. So I did a field walk instead. I made myself walk a field that hasnt returned much in the past. I did a zig zag pattern till I found some debitage. I then looked harder in the area when I had the debitage area mapped out by standing structures in the field. It is a quick way to locate a camp site if you have a large field to hunt. This was my return. Scrapers, graver and a single point which I believe is a Spike. The Spikes around here were made fast and simple. Not many are cool looking. HH, rock

Attachments

• 100_4026.JPG
    100_4026.JPG
    428.6 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Sorry you didn't make it out on the water. It looks like you have created a nice strategy for yourself.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I just didnt feel rite to go by myself. Its allot of banks for miles and miles. If something was to happen while out that far nobody would know where I was.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So look at this one. Looks like a preform scraper. Shows a little work but never finished.

Attachments

• 100_4035.JPG
    100_4035.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_4034.JPG
    100_4034.JPG
    264.7 KB · Views: 74

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to do a yak trip today but it was about 20 miles long and I would of been by myself.

A yak trip? lol!

IMG_0979.JPG

That sounds like fun! (Just kidding with you Rock) lol :laughing7: !

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad u found something lol this is funny

Attachments

• image-2813878111.jpg
    image-2813878111.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too dark to be me :icon_scratch:

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Too dark to be me :icon_scratch:

So that's digger when he was a little younger. Lol! I just thought about something. We had better keep away from creeks and rivers for a couple more weeks. Those ol' boys making that good old shine are busy finishing up their year right now. Personally, I do not want to spook a man that is working for a little side money. I respect those guys. They are working HARD, and they aren't taking a cut out of my check. I also do not want warning shots parting my hair!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hunters are starting to put salt blocks out now so no hunting for me in the creeks until after hunting season. I saw a big blind set up already.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
The hunters are starting to put salt blocks out now so no hunting for me in the creeks until after hunting season. I saw a big blind set up already.

I don't worry about hunters around here. I was a deer hunter until a few years ago. The hunters here are such cry babies. Whhhh whhhh! Such and such used my stand. Whhhhh whhhhh! I don't like the other dude you gave permission to hunt. Whhhh whhhh, my stand was stolen! I put all of the cats that hunt my farm in time out. I even quit hunting.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah they have tree stands every where.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh man the mineral blocks should have already been down in the spring. It really helps rack development. I use the same spots for years they have eaten out spot the size of VW'S.
Nice day to be out. I have to tear out beaver dams tomorrow. Messing with the hay fields. Going to be snake city again..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread