Almost 100

halfhunt

Jul 20, 2007
I went back to the same bank that I had good luck with yesterday and got 500.00 of halves. They weren't near as thick with silver but my wife found another solid roll in there. I think we ended up with 38 from there. Well we headed to a different town and they had 4 rolls at one bank so I bought them all. I went out to the car and told my wife to pick 2 of them to open and she told me to pick. Well I grabbed the 2 on the right side of my hand and gave her the others. I didn't get one silver. She got 2 full rolls of silver! Not bad at all for only 40.00 worth of coins. I went across the street and they had 19 rolls and I bought them plus 5.00 worth out of the register. We opened every single roll (so we thought) and found nothing but the 5.00 worth from the register had a 64 and 3 other 40% kennedys! Well we didn't want to spend all day on this so we started heading home and my wife found a roll in the bag that hadn't been opened. There was another 15 in there! We thought it was solid at first. Well we had 97 silver coins out of only 3 banks and not very much money! I stopped one more time getting a bit closer to home and bought 2 rolls just to test the bank and got 2 40% kennedys in one roll and nothing in the next. They have 7 more so I will hit that along the way tomorrow. Well here is the result of the day:

94 - 40% kennedys
5 - 90% kennedys

I think as many solid rolls as I am starting to find that I am onto something for that area. Also the last town I stopped at one bank didn't have any on hand but said there is a guy that orders in boxes all the time and I could order some so I might do that sometime. Does anyone know any banks that you can reroll the halves and bring them back in or is it just depend on the people that work there.

Upvote 0

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends on the branch and where you are. Although were I am, all Athens First Banks take the rolls with no questions if you have an account. I just wish their coin counters would take halves.

Warning: It can also depend on how often/many you turn in. Some banks will change their policy to stop you.

I'm surprised you are finding so many if there is someone around ordering boxes. They will usually have cleaned out the banks first and again every so often.

HH.

OP
OP
H

halfhunt

Jul 20, 2007
The bank that said someone orders in boxes is about 60 miles from me. I haven't checked that town much yet but I think it will be pretty decent. I am actually finding them alot more about another 30 miles over. All of the banks close to me haven't turned up much. I plan on just continuing to dump them close to me and getting them further away untill my luck changes. I would really like to set something up with an account and just take them in already rolled and if I shorted them somehow they could just add the .50 cents or whatever to my account. It would make it much faster but doubt I can do this. It could also be that whoever is ordering them is either actually using them for business reasons or they have been dumping them closer to where I live which would account for what I have found locally. I actually have some closer towns to still check but am having such good luck I want to keep going to this other area. I'll keep you posted as to how this turns out but the last 2 days have been awesome and today was effortless.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent day HH. It sounds like you and Mrs. HalfHunt have been having a great time lately. That's cool!! Keep it up.

I'd buy every roll in every bank in the vicinity since you pulling that much silver in the area. Good luck and keep em coming.....

halfhunt said:
She got 2 full rolls of silver!

BTW - Don't you know that women have that touch......ha!

OP
OP
H

halfhunt

Jul 20, 2007
Hehe......she couldn't stop laughing. I was dumbfounded. Yes we have been having a blast lately. I think my wife litterly has the "silver" touch. Although I did get 2 full rolls one evening but she is the one who pulled the walking libertys! The one ben franklin we have she was getting ready to unroll it but handed it to me when we stopped at another bank and I unrolled it.....so I might just start stealing her rolls. Well we'll be off to "hit" another bank soon today so we'll see if our luck continues. I only wish I would have known about hunting for silver halves some of the times I have been out of state. Who knows what I could have found.....or it could have been nothing.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I agree with LJ.
You run in and make the pickup and let her do all the unrolling.
You should see a 100% increase in your silver ratio!

WTG!!!

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lejeuene said:
Excellent day HH. It sounds like you and Mrs. HalfHunt have been having a great time lately. That's cool!! Keep it up.

I'd buy every roll in every bank in the vicinity since you pulling that much silver in the area. Good luck and keep em coming.....

halfhunt said:
She got 2 full rolls of silver!

BTW - Don't you know that women have that touch......ha!

My wife always finds at least twice as much silver as I do from a box. I won't say that silver loves the ladies, but ... ;). I know I love the silver ladies. Must be why the all stay away. :'(

But since we have to recycle the wrappers, I have to start all of hers and also reroll them. Thus she usually only get 1/3 of a box out of two. Just can't stand it otherwise. LOL.

HH.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheldius said:
I have to start all of hers and also reroll them. Thus she usually only get 1/3 of a box out of two. Just can't stand it otherwise.

Sounds like she has all the fun and you have all the work. :( I bet she even has you carry the boxes.

Thats team work, now go ask her to rub your sore back. ;)

My wife could care less about my silver hunting adventures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions