Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The story starts yesterday. As I was finishing up my lunch break hinting an old park. I was in the way back to my car when a lady in a truck pulls up

She says see that house right there?
I say yeah.... Well she said when she was a kid she lost a silver dollar in the bushes. She recently took all the bushes out and for the first time in 40 years it was clear. She gave me permission to search for it. And I offered to give it to her if I found it and she declined. And said keep it If I found it

I only had a few minutes to check and got a real high tone right near the stairs. I see a bigger coin. Figured I found it and went home ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419947875.213672.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419947889.080799.jpg

Well get home and clean it up to find a 1963 British penny. Kinda of neat find but not s silver dollar.

It nagged me all night wondering if this is what she lost. The time frame seemed to fit. And to a kid maybe she thought it was a dollar coin?

As luck would have it. Driving right by the location a little but ago and had to satisfy my curiosity. 4 ft over and a little higher than where I searched yesterday gives me a screaming high tone. And I got rewarded with a 1902 barber half
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419948090.663398.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419948104.330248.jpg

This is my second silver half for the year and first barber half

Now as I am driving up the highway I am wondering did she mean half dollar? Or is there a silver dollar still on that hillside?? Looks like I will be stopping again later to find out lol

Upvote 18

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread