Almost made a stupid mistake ;)

R

Raptor

I wasn't thinking at all on this. I have an auto shop and am selling some of the things I don't use much. One of the things I have is an Olympus articulating borescope. I put it up on Ebay not realizing I could use it for checking behind walls etc without tearing them down. It can snake through a hole no bigger than a 1/4" . So I went back on Ebay and raised the price so hopefully no one will buy it. I realized what I could use it for when I was looking around in the house I am leasing, It is older and there are a ton of places that I want to see behind and under that I can't really tear out. Nobody will notice a hole that small.

Anyone else use borescopes or fibrescopes for this purpose? I would imagine they do, I would just like to hear about it.

Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
R

Raptor

Thanks, I will go do that. I thought you could, just have to read how.

-Mike

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
That is what articulating means. It is movable from the user end of the equipment. There is also a light source and typically a camera mountable lenz on the olympus. The tool works via fiber optic bundles for both light transmission as well as the image. Very useful for this application.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread