Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
just sold the AT GOLD, will be getting the 600 Nox using Veteran discount. Never though that I would ever own a Minelab, too heavy and too expensive but the Nox changed all of that. To me it is just stupid not to get one, especially if you ever plan to water hunt. it has to be hands down better than the AT on depth plus being Bluetooth. I plan to sometime get some Bluetooth earbuds as I don't like the ear phones. I still am not sure if you can actually get the wired headphone jack under water when detecting. Jerry

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The headphone jack has gaskets to protect the detector internals regardless of whether a set of headphones is plugged in. BT doesn't work if the control head is submerged in the water so wired headphones are needed if you keep the detector mostly submerged. If the control head stays above water most of the time then waterproof BT earbuds will work just fine.

DarknessFalls

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2018
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on selling your AT Gold. Do you know where you’re ordering your 600 from? I’m still on the wait list for the 800 and I used the discount as well.

Uscgdet

Greenie
Apr 15, 2018
North Bend OR
Detector(s) used
MXT, Tiger Shark Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wil not be disappointed. Went on my second hunt today with my 600 and found a ton of clad, a 1942 quarter, and a 1911 barber dime. This thing loves silver and coin good luck and happy hunting when you get your new machine. And by the way. I am lovin park2 give it a run.

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad you sold the gold. Its the best in the at line I believe. Super reliable, good depth and better audio that the pro. I think it'll be a desirable detector for a long time to come.

With that said I got my 600 a couple days ago. Have only been airtesting but I'm liking the less intrusive sounding tones compared to the garrett at series.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like Bart will be my provider. We had pretty much quit using the AT, I had found things with the Deus that the AT didn't see. we have an old school yard that we have hit pretty hard in the past and may try it out there.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are dealers with 600's in stock and few with a cpl 800's in stock..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions