Along the SEASHORE of NEW ENGLAND C 1690 STUART CUFFLINKS...

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As most of you know me from the Surf Forum... I haven't been posting because of not much in the way of erosion here in Mass... so I have done what everyone else has done... Went to the fields.. Glad I did... about a month or so ago, I had the opportunity to do some field hunting... Went to an area that dates back to the early Colonial Days... got a few Indian Head Pennies and a Conn. Copper that is just perfect.... and these CUFFLINKS...They are Sterling and VERY RARE.. Although I have seen only one other pair here on the net, and have met the man that found them. He was very informative of my pair......His were found in RI...Mine were found from an area that the PILGRIMS lived, and harvested their fields..Can't even tell you the feeling I had when I found out what exactly I had when I got back to the truck...These were found about 13 inches deep. They are very rare and don't come around very often... Place of Creation,Object Place, England or America, Height x width x depth: 1.2 x 1.2 x 0.9 cm (1/2 x 1/2 x 3/8 in.) Sterling Silver, Quartz, 24 K Gold, and Textile... This is 1/2 pair of square Sterling Silver and quartz cuff links, each composed to two ornamental buttons connected by a figure eight silver link. Underneath the faceted crystal is a fine gold twisted cord or wire with a trefoil design covering a small square of dark woven textile mounted on foil which has been painted light Blue. All I can say is you just NEVER know what your going to find...Keep digging...:) DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0014.JPG DSC_0015.JPG DSC_0018.JPG Field Hunt (2).JPG Field Hunt (3).JPG Field Hunt (4).JPG Field Hunt (5).JPG Field Hunt (7).JPG

Upvote 9

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer