Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hobbies, like the MGB, I owned 67 MG Midget and 68 Austin Healey Sprite in my 20s also owned 2 Miatas, still own one but thinking of selling it. There is 78 MGB GT renovated on local marketplace now.

I have an artifact collection as well, below is my lighted rotating case, have 3 other display cases as well, 2 are 7 foot tall book cases other is a lighted oak display case with glass fromt.
View attachment 2127217

View attachment 2127223

Nice artifacts and displays. I know almost nothing about Native American artifacts but am very capable of identifying genuine and faked microscopic mineralization, various surfaces and patinas, etc that would be indicative of age based on supposed climate and other environmental conditions on metals, pottery, glass, etc. So when I’m shown something supposedly genuine I can at least usually determine if it has enough merit to be worth showing to a Native American expert. Same for later Mexican pottery although I’m experienced in Pre-Colombian. I authentic European, Asian, and Mid Eastern artifacts, plus coins, watches, and porcelain for a couple local auction houses and dealers.

I’ll post a few photos when I have a chance.

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
Yep, I built and use a 5 gallon still, my degree is in medical herbalism so I make medicines and extracts, I wildcraft for certain herbs too. Got a whole laboratory set up to facilitate more advanced forms of extractions as well as conducting chemical/physical experiments. I'm a fairly adept chemist actually. I do extensive leather and metal work as well

Last edited:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just wondering if all of you metal detecting enthusiasts have other hobby's or interests on top of metal detecting?
Thats too long a list…. I’m interested in *so* many things. Like is truly too short.

Some of the stuff I do when the mood is right:

Fishing
Hiking
Camping
Weightlifting
Martial art
Gardening
Permaculture
Construction (greenhouses, chicken houses that sort of thing)
Forging iron (tools, knives, etc)
Artifact hunting
Camera hunting
Cooking (that’s a hobby, right?)
Woodworking
Old cars/trucks
Probably a hundred other things I forgot.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hobbies, like the MGB, I owned 67 MG Midget and 68 Austin Healey Sprite in my 20s also owned 2 Miatas, still own one but thinking of selling it. There is 78 MGB GT renovated on local marketplace now.

I have an artifact collection as well, below is my lighted rotating case, have 3 other display cases as well, 2 are 7 foot tall book cases other is a lighted oak display case with glass fromt.
View attachment 2127217

View attachment 2127223
Love the stone artifacts!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats too long a list…. I’m interested in *so* many things. Like is truly too short.

Some of the stuff I do when the mood is right:

Fishing
Hiking
Camping
Weightlifting
Martial art
Gardening
Permaculture
Construction (greenhouses, chicken houses that sort of thing)
Forging iron (tools, knives, etc)
Artifact hunting
Camera hunting
Cooking (that’s a hobby, right?)
Woodworking
Old cars/trucks
Probably a hundred other things I forgot.
LOL, lot in common, Ive done all of them on your list at some point in my life too. Had our own photo lab in the Airforce, so I got heavy into photography for decades. Tae-Kwan-Do for over 8 years, 2000 sq foot garden, 750 sq foot of it was raised beds for 20 years, had 55 Chevy Bel Air I showed for 10 years, loved to camp, spent over 9 months total camping in the Rockies, Cascades, Sierra Nevada, and Yellowstone 7 times.

Walked fields, creeks, steams and rivers in Missouri for 20 years hunting artifacts.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guitarist, songwriter, guitar teacher, luthier.
Astronomy, photography.
Spending time with my cat, animal rescue.

Jon
8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy bottle hunting/mudlarking/ walking in the river for treasures.

Also classic cars and going to car shows. I have owned a few oldies over the years.

Helped my brother find this big block suburban. Didn't run when he got it. Now it does just need to make it more road worthy. Nearly rust free Texas truck just a little sunburned.

20230508_180626.jpg

This is my 1965 El Camino. 307 V8 3 speed auto with manual valve body transmission. Believe it or not it started out as a 1991 Miata, then turned into a 1964 C20 Pick-up and now the ElCamino. Basically 3 even trades to get to this point. Base price for the Miata was $1300. Think I did pretty good.

Screenshot_20230415_080749_Gallery.jpg

Cooking with my wife, grilling and smoking meat. Learning new things to cook together from YouTube videos.

I have started a YouTube channel about some of the really terrible cars I see come through the shop at work. Kind of took a break but plan on making more.

This is my channel for anyone interested in seeing those videos.

Going to rummage sales and antique stores.

I guess going to concerts would be my last thing I can think of at the moment.

Oh and spending time at the family cabin in central Wisconsin.

Last edited:

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This group obviously has a wide range of interests! Very cool!

Just dug up these photos of some of my collections that I mentioned in my first post, sort of a random sampling of the stuff that’s easily accessible.

First, some of the old stuff…antiquities, 18th century porcelain, coins, a couple etching, a 16th century cabinet with 17th C sheet brass candlestick, 17th C bottom half of sensor, and a bowl full of Pre-Colombian statue fragments that I have no place to display. lol

Please excuse my wife’s randomly placed Christmas decorations.

IMG_0019.jpeg
IMG_0026.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_0023.jpeg
IMG_0024.jpeg
IMG_0025.jpeg
IMG_0021.jpeg
IMG_0020.jpeg
IMG_0022.jpeg

And a few of my watches. I also have some vintage but most are more current or new and most are in my safety deposit box. I bring one or two home when I need a change, but these photos are ones I have on my computer. The photo with me wearing two are from my favorite brand, Jaquet Droz, that I’m currently wearing in rotation.

IMG_0035.jpeg
IMG_0032.jpeg
IMG_0031.jpeg
IMG_0030.jpeg
IMG_0014.jpeg
IMG_0004.jpeg

And then my cars. I’ve had the MGB since the early ‘80s when it was daily driver, the Porsche since 2001, and the Jag since 2019 when it became my daily use car.

IMG_0036.jpeg
IMG_0037.jpeg
IMG_0038.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpeg
    IMG_0028.jpeg
    569 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh heck, I don't know. Dogs and I enjoy napping together. If not a hobby, then my new favorite sport?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn...I'm one boring SOB....:laughing7:

Currently, I'm a full-time caregiver for my wife. In my spare time I hang out here on TNet, and am in the top 5% worldwide in tournament solitaire.

In the years past:

Gold prospecting
Primitive bowhunting and archery
Longline trapper
Taught many predator hunting seminars
Steelhead and Salmon fishing
Bookseller and Collector
Indoor gardening (yes, I grew great weed)
Astronomy and Cosmology

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn...I'm one boring SOB....:laughing7:

Currently, I'm a full-time caregiver for my wife. In my spare time I hang out here on TNet, and am in the top 5% worldwide in tournament solitaire.

In the years past:

Gold prospecting
Primitive bowhunting and archery
Longline trapper
Taught many predator hunting seminars
Steelhead and Salmon fishing
Bookseller and Collector
Indoor gardening (yes, I grew great weed)
Astronomy and Cosmology
You can always become a part time consultant on growing and cultivating your own home grown wacky tobaccy. Or an author on growing and cultivating it.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can always become a part time consultant on growing and cultivating your own home grown wacky tobaccy. Or an author on growing and cultivating it.

In truth, I got left in the technological wake when they started teaching weed growing in colleges.

Instead of it just being a cool plant, taking care of it and feeding it properly, they have now brought in all the detailed technology and science. 20 years back I was giving private seminars to small medical groups, but no more, and that's peachy with me. I'm retired, and staying that way.
tokinsqurill 2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions