Amazing finds from Washington State

digordie

Aug 18, 2012
Hey guys I am brand new to the sight but i wanted to post these finds from a friend of mine who just found this large cache of large blades on a river in a northeast wash state. Any help with id would be great. Thanks
NOTE: these are all displayed in the bottom of banana boxes for size comparison. The one large blade was broke in half but measures 6" wide by 18" long.

Attachments

• downloadfile-5.jpeg
    downloadfile-5.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 181
  • downloadfile-4.jpeg
    downloadfile-4.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 190
  • downloadfile-3.jpeg
    downloadfile-3.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 168
  • downloadfile-2.jpeg
    downloadfile-2.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 196
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several large caches have been found in that area. One being clovis related.Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable people will chime in. With a cache of that size I would be contacting local experts for documentation. It might make a nice early retirement if documented properly. If not they may always be questioned. I say go local in your area for best results. The cache needs to stay together.
Good luck.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking Cache. Congrats to your friend on a once and a lifetime find. He needs to get them out of those boxes and into some nice trays though.

N

natchitoches

yes be carefull
i heard up there you can;'t even pick a point up

Aleisters

Jul 8, 2012
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
VERY NICE! Sometimes when a great find happens it's better that it quietly disappears (unless it's a find that could chage history).

OP
OP
digordie

digordie

Aug 18, 2012
Thanks for the comments and concerns. Any ideas out there as to the time period of this cache based on the style of blades? Possible value? Is it normal to find this many points in one spot??? If so why would there be so many all together etc?? We are talking abt well over 100 points here.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see closer pictures of some of the better blades and points. We would need to see the bases as far as the design and flaking on them. That will be the key as to the age and value of your finds. Thanks, rock

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
NE Washington....so...Colville area? I am seeing some "mule ears" and "plateau pentagonals". Kinda odd as those two are of different ages. There is a lot of mahogany too which while not unheard of but still unusual. Around the turn of the century many fresh off the range Indians in this area were making stone artifacts to trade with missionaries, traders, collectors and the like. Still bonifide "Indian made" mind you but not actually made for daily use. I suspect that is what you may have here.

OP
OP
digordie

digordie

Aug 18, 2012
Apparently my friend will not send me any more pics on line because a cop showed up asking strange questions. He did tell me he has found about 10 more banana boxes of these things. I got him on the phone but he wouldnt talk much. He thinks he is being watched. I told him to tell the local authorities abt the find but he is nervous. He said its on the banks of a large river in pend orielle county abt 35-40 miles from colville. He said the river is low and has revealed the mound of flakes and points. He says there are 100s more still there and the area is spread out in a circumference the size of a house with the peak of the mound being abt a foot high. He has zero experience dealing with this stuff and actually used a hammer claw to did through pile. This whole story seems too good to be true to me but how on earth could he come up with that many points. Do you guys think this story sounds legit or is he pulling my leg?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds fishy. If an officer wanted to build a case or find out info on your friend the last thing he would do is make his presence known early on and ask a possible suspect direct questions.

N

natchitoches

if he did something wroung,and it sounds like he mite had.
he better get them out of his house and back into the ground for a few years till he cools off.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
to be honest, i still have a problem with the materials and the styles.....

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
unclemac said:
to be honest, i still have a problem with the materials and the styles.....

I still have a problem with the whole 9 yards on this one. Go on the web to say, the law is at the door. Nice stuff. Looks nice any way. However, I don't think that any state will let a person decorate his or her jail cell with ancient knives and points.

OP
OP
digordie

digordie

Aug 18, 2012
Well i talked with my friend some more and convinced him he was just being paranoid abt the cop thing. He did send me a couple more photos so here they are. Still no close ups sorry... any thoughts???

Attachments

• downloadfile-6.jpeg
    downloadfile-6.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 124
  • downloadfile-7.jpeg
    downloadfile-7.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 136

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm beginning to think you are "your friend". And also the fact that there is not one broken piece in there..plus..they are way too consistant in thickness and the material..to me looks like it was all cut into blanks before a modern knapper made points from it. Personaly I'm waiting for you to try to sell these..."for your friend". Mabey I'm wrong but that's my opinion.. I'm calling shananigans on this one. That's a big give away when every point and tool comes out "textbook" that's not realistic in the field. It is when someone is using a textbook.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions