Amazing New Sluice prototype

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
I saw that a few months ago over on the icmj form. for a proto type I think it proved itself in concept. needs to have a few changes that I could see right off just from the video. their slide for empting the sluice needs to be outside of the sluice so it doesn’t jam up with gravel. it will make a good hi-banker but not a river sluice. a good hopper to clean and classify the gravels .I don’t see how you could shovel straight into it. I think it could work pretty good as long as the gold doesn’t pass right down the middle of the sluice. it would be fun to have one just to mess around with it.

bill/cr

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a great concept, and I like the idea of using it as an underflow of a dredge. I would need to test it first with a measured amount of varying placer gold and then check the run-off for % of loss. I agree that the mechanism shouldn't be inside the box, but then this is just a proof of concept and not a production model.

I just checked out their (highly lacking) webpage. They mention a mat with this molded in but no pics or anything else.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fascinating and I'm sure some will buy it...does look expensive.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fascinating and I'm sure some will buy it...does look expensive.

He's selling the plastic inserts to convert your own aluminum sluice. Three inserts (6 vortex cells) for a 10" wide sluice is $80
He's also coming out with a mat version as well.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fair price I suppose and a good reminder that none of the inserts for the old style sluices really does the job well. Wonder how much better this will be in the field.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fair price I suppose and a good reminder that none of the inserts for the old style sluices really does the job well. Wonder how much better this will be in the field.

No matter how good it is, I do not see it being as good as a BGT! :icon_thumleft:
Especially since it appears that pre classification is necessary.

GG~

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, yes to put a sharp point on it, that's what I was really thinking too GG. :)

musher169

Greenie
Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TO much for me> I will focus on what I know. keep digging

Bigmanco

Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats pretty cool. At first i was like i want it then by the end nah im good. I think way to complicated and unproven for me. Giving my lack of experience ok disclaimer iv never panned for gold well not yet. But i would think giving the movement of a dredge in a body of water it would suck as a dredge box. I would think the angle and it being stationary would be very important with it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread