my mini sluices and why i got em,

crazywolfminingco

Dec 29, 2013
pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jaybird stuff.jpg ok i here so many miners say they catch gold in the first couple inches of the sluice. ive been wanting to try out different styles of matting .so for ten to 20 bucks i figured it was worth trying out differnt types through minis. so the 12 inch has ribbed carpet and matting with expanded metal and glued dowm rubber matting its by minelite. the wider but shorter is by minetec (the adress from one company to the other is one house number ,on the same road in same town,)maybe they ar family making two style. it has heavy thick miners moss and expanded metal. both are made top notch but totally different guts. the other two are performance proven ribbed matting by jcamy co. ive used both in the creek and the small one twice in the kitchen sink,they are really good .so tomorow ill run some cons from a 5 gallon bucket i classed down just to see what i like dealing with more of the three mattings. this should be fun and a good time to test out sluice types without breaking the bank. all this while i wait on my prototype from colorado gold sticks .! playing in dirt is awsome!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to hearing your results.

GG~

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like fun and hopefully educational. Do share your insights :)

OP
OP
crazywolfminingco

crazywolfminingco

Dec 29, 2013
pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for sure ! i cant forget to add my new colorado goldsticks beach box ,im really looking for that one! i hope they all have good results, my 14 year old son will with me hes exited.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you learn alot. May I make a suggestion? You need a more controled test. Run the same amout and type of material with a certain number of pieces of gold or a substitute for gold. Just running material won't tell you how it is working. Some of your material may be void of color. Please let us know your results.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

Minelite Mfg.

Mar 17, 2014
Hinckley, Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody! We are new to this forum and are happy to see some testing of our product from one of our customers. We do need to clear one thing up though, we are NOT affiliated with Minetec. He is actually our neighbor that started making a cheap copy of our sluice out of jealousy, its really sad. Please don't get the two mixed up.

We are happy to see some testing our product against our competitors, we do extensive testing ourselves but it is always better seeing it from the customer. We decided to make mini sluices last year because we had a lot of left over material, and wanted to make a small sluice line that could be used for quick sampling of an area, and for clean-up. We offered them with a variety of "guts" some had removable v-matting (low pro & deep-v) some glued down, some half and half and a few had flattened expanded metal and carpet like the one you have. Yours was actually the last one we sold before discontinuing. We have a few empty bodies sitting on the shelf that we throw in as freebies once in a while, but currently have no plans of bringing the line back.

We are anxious to see your results!

Thank you

Brett Ventura
Minelite Mfg.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
for sure ! i cant forget to add my new colorado goldsticks beach box ,im really looking for that one! i hope they all have good results, my 14 year old son will with me hes exited.

I recommend you also add the Bazooka Goldtrap Mini to your testing plan. Another almost pocket sized sluice that really works!

OP
OP
crazywolfminingco

crazywolfminingco

Dec 29, 2013
pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i gotta say so far heres how it gos down! the mine tec is a pocket size .the blue miners moss is to thick for the short length when the expanded metal is held down by the flare it puts a bow in the moss and metal. so water flow isnt verry good. so for me the moss is over killon the mine tec.however the body and flare are nice and heavy built,just needs new guts,the minwtec is awsome. i like that it is rock solid with an open flare not a screw on type.makes it easier to hrow around in a bucke and it is a little workhorse. i like the glued down matting out of the flare the sands breakup nice before they hit the carpet .the carpeting is a nice thickness not to deep, and with the expanded metal it still isnt cumbersom,the water flow is verry good on the minelite ,itll be the standard sampler and be on every trip i mine .the mine tec needs improvement,the jcamysluice is a fun little unit, but it is made from verry thin metal so it might get bent up if usd to much,so after my testing ive got it down to minelite in first then jcamy in second,i would like to get another minelight with just ribbed matting to use as my cleen up from some black sands i get,

Utahminers

Apr 5, 2014
Salt Lake
Detector(s) used
Minelab, whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also bought a Mine Tec sluice and am totally disappointed. WORST welds u have ever seen and when I got it the raised expanded metal was backwards along with the sluice being scratched really bad. I used this sluice 3 times and 2 riffles broke at the weld. Over all not a good machine. Should have got something better you get what you pay for!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions