Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all....did a double search this weekend and it turned out to be a remarkable few days, so straight in with the finds, Fist signal of the day and out pops one of the best hammered I have ever found, :icon_king: Edward1 1272-1307 Archbishop Mint York, reverce quarter foil in centre, not two yards away and out comes another one Edward1 Bury Mint, reverce Villa sci Edmundi, not a bad 15 minutes. Things went quite for a while and then the next find a nice Horse Harness Pendant dating to the Medieval period with traces of guilding still visible, moving over to the Villa area there was a mix of Roman Bronze coins in the usuall condition before a nice Roman Silver of Septimus Severus AD193-211 popped out, Laureate Head Right/ reverce two captives seated at foot of trophy and that was Saturday. Sunday saw us back on the same field after lunch the first find turned out to be a brocken Silver Roman ring proberbly for a child, a cut hammered of King:John 1199-1216 then another Roman Silver of Faustina Jr, Draped bust right/ reverce Pudicita Standing Left Tugging at her Toga, then a broken Silver Denarius not quite sure who of will try to get more info, the Roman finds kept coming a broken head stud brooch and part of a horse fitting, an amazing weekend :thumbsup:

Attachments

• S&H 029.jpg
    S&H 029.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 5,399
  • S&H 043.jpg
    S&H 043.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 4,526
  • S&H 008.jpg
    S&H 008.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 4,610
  • S&H 006.jpg
    S&H 006.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 4,683
  • S&H 005.jpg
    S&H 005.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 4,758
  • S&H 049.jpg
    S&H 049.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 4,807
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 4,825
  • ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 4,898
  • S&H 036.jpg
    S&H 036.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 5,030
  • S&H 034.jpg
    S&H 034.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 5,183
  • S&H 032.jpg
    S&H 032.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 5,227
  • S&H 030.jpg
    S&H 030.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 5,338
Upvote 3
Good LORD!!!

Lucky bastid! That is what you get living in the UK, eh?

Congrats on some amazing finds!!!
:)

0 silver for me at the weekend with about 10 hours searching. :P

Thats detecting for you.

I said you wouldn't need luck on that field :-*

I just wish we could find one like that on our new land, probably takes us 2 years.

Why aren't you doing it during the week?

MalteseFalcon said:
Good LORD!!!

Lucky bastid! That is what you get living in the UK, eh?

Congrats on some amazing finds!!!
:)
Thanks for the comments, here is a few more from the weekend I couldn't attach to the original post :thumbsup:

Attachments

• S&H 038.jpg
    S&H 038.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 4,298
  • S&H 003.jpg
    S&H 003.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 4,348
  • S&H 045.jpg
    S&H 045.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 4,240
CRUSADER said:
0 silver for me at the weekend with about 10 hours searching. :P

Thats detecting for you.

I said you wouldn't need luck on that field :-*

I just wish we could find one like that on our new land, probably takes us 2 years.

Why aren't you doing it during the week?
Nearly went today but family commitments stopped me, might get out tomorrow :icon_sunny:

Excellent finds ;D

HH

Lonewolfe

Well done! As far as the broken Roman coin goes, since you have excellent photos of your finds,
I read "Geta" with the Victoria reverse. A lot of history there. The Severans spent a lot of time in Britain attempting to tame the land for Rome.

wagbert said:
Well done! As far as the broken Roman coin goes, since you have excellent photos of your finds,
I read "Geta" with the Victoria reverse. A lot of history there. The Severans spent a lot of time in Britain attempting to tame the land for Rome.
Hi Wagbert......you are right it is Geta, reverce is Victory flying left, crowning sheild with wreath :thumbsup:

wow!!!!!

that looks like Paul Daniels in the 2nd pic :icon_scratch:

fantastic coins :thumbsup:

That must be one of the best hammered coins i have ever seen.... :o

Wow that's absolutely amazing :thumbsup: If you ever need a caddy to carry your detector bad or help fill in holes just holler this way :icon_jokercolor:

Once again amazing find, good luck!

Dude, you are out of control! It has been a long time since I have seen a few hunts produce so many awesome finds by anyone. That Edward hammered is in beautiful condition, so are the rest of the finds! Congrats and thanks for sharing a great weekend with us. HH, Mike

Your finds are truely stunning!!What satisfaction it must be to rescue so much beautiful history from the ground..

THAT. . . is an exquisite silver! The condition. . . beyond words :thumbsup:

If I found that, I'd be so pumped I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week :)

Great hunt!
watercolor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back