Amberina Amberina Amberina & more amberina

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up these 7 pieces of Amberina glass for $30...

The best piece is in the center, a satin Tiffin compote (worth about $50) (I'll be keeping this one tho!)

My 2nd favorite is the LE Smith pressed glass handled soup bowl in the Heirloom Sunset pattern with sawtooth rim (hard to find value on, pretty rare piece & it's a very nice looking amberina piece too)

There are 2 Fenton compotes (1 roses & 1 thumbprint) in the very back & I believe the top hat is also Fenton. (about $15 each on the compotes & maybe $10 on the hat)

The last 2 are Viking pieces they are like the same type of design or molded pieces but in slightly different shapes & size. (1 of these the larger bowl is sort of a rare piece in that design & goes for $30-$35 easy & the other 1 only about $20 or maybe $25 if you're real lucky)

Anyway a pretty darn good buy for $30! I'll probably keep the Tiffin & LE Smith pieces for the collection the rest will go bye bye & Ill still probably at least come close to tripling my money!

Oh got the mid century crystal Bohemian cut to clear blood red ship decanter in the background a while back for $10.. It's a very heavy piece, even its big stopper weighs a bunch! I like it so haven't got around to listing it as of yet.
GosmsPhoto1370570193004.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread