American Bald Eagle

kinchafoonee

Apr 2, 2013
SoWeGa
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Little off topic but thought I would share some pics of a bad eagle I saw at a Native American festival in Daytona Beach Fla. Saturday before last.Was about 10 feet away. Can't tell from the pics, but it was huge. A magnificent bird. If you notice in two of the photos the camera caught it blinking, once with each eye. didn't know it until I downloaded the pics.

Attachments

• DSC04464.JPG
    DSC04464.JPG
    451 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC04468.JPG
    DSC04468.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC04469.JPG
    DSC04469.JPG
    334.3 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC04471.JPG
    DSC04471.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC04476.JPG
    DSC04476.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC04479.JPG
    DSC04479.JPG
    443.9 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC04480.JPG
    DSC04480.JPG
    374.2 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0
OP
OP
kinchafoonee

kinchafoonee

Apr 2, 2013
SoWeGa
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a magnificent Eagle!!!They were reintroduced to the Delaware region about 7yrs ago. Last count there were 12 along a 40 mile stretch. 6 couples. Fortunately one of the secrets of my town is the location of one of the nests on a tributary by a bridge that is a couple of streets from the center of town. They have chicks every year so the population has to be up. I'll get pictures and post them. No one outside of town knows this unless told. I use to live e a couple blocks from the nest and use to visit it weekly to see them. The great thing is the pine tree they are in looks like those you would see in Alaska or California. The sad thing is a couple have been killed as well by negligent hunters. They found one shot it still had his brown feathers which indicated he was still young. The person was never caught. They felt it was one of the chicks from the nest in Milford. They found the eagle shot by dingmans falls......sad and angered is how I felt when I learned of it.

Sad to hear of some being killed in your area. It is a felony to harm these magnificent birds. Shame on those responsible!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our place in Montana is about over run with them certain times of the year.I look forward to seeing them every year.They truly are an awesome bird.They are making a strong comeback here in Cali too,as have the Osprey.Local lakes here all have several breeding pairs,and I take my Father-in-law out on the boat every spring to photograph them.I also have a close friend who was crippled at a young age and has become a pro photographer and videographer.He has done several fantastic documentaries,which I highly reccomend.His name is Greg White.

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! First time I saw a bald eagle was last year. I was workin outside and an unusually large shadow flew right over me. I looked up and was amazed at the size of that bird. It landed in the top of a large tree in the distance and I could still see it's huge white head w/o binoculars.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see them in DOWN TOWN Seattle, over lake Union.

I saw about 50 in the last 3 days in the san juan islands. They are everywhere. Beside Seagulls, they are the most common bird I saw on my little trip. So large and in charge. I actually am almost used to their weird screech.

While ling code fishing, one was trying to get at a dead fish floating near the rocks. It would swoop by the boat, talons out, and then wuss out, because were close to what it was trying to eat.

They have really made a boom back here in the seattle area. You can see several a day, in the downtown area, without even trying.

My alaskain buddies have other opinions on the bird....

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics- although I do hate to see them captive- probably found injured??? There are lots and lots on the Eastern Shore (MD)- and areas are routinely cordoned off March-July for nesting privacy. I see at least one every time I go out for a trek or paddle. They fight the osprey for food. I always root for the eagle. Osprey are loud and obnoxious and territory sensitive. Eagle are dignified. Eagle are regal...
Yak

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread