dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In light of all the current events in the world, I think we should take some time to outline to the rest of the world just what makes America so exceptional! I think there are some very uninformed individuals out there . Please feel free to ad to this, I am sure the list is going to get very long as there are so many ways Americans are exceptional. I will start the list with pointing out The Bill of Rights. After all what other country allows it's citizens to think for themselves, act for themselves, and to have as many well thought out and necessary rights?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
No words needed.

bunker-hill-flag.jpg

breed-hill.jpg

images.jpeg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The eagle in the seal is also holding the arrows of war in case peace fails to work.you didnt even get my meaning of those pictures did you?The picture on top is the flag the patriots flew at the battle of bunker hill.The second picture is the battle of bunker hill.The third picture is obvious,the result of the revolution.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why as a nation are we using drones all over the world targeting males over the age of 13 in wars of our choice? If another cold war country was doing that, what would you think?

we also have a lot more military bases all over the world, no other country has that, that's exceptional.

as a first world country, we are the only one that doesn't provide healthcare to its citizens, that's exceptional

our pentagon budget outstrips the next 30 countries combined military expenditures, that's exceptional.

as a government, our country installs a lot of patsies in power that later turn out to be anti-us, that's exceptional.

as of the first of the year, more active duty military personnel have committed suicide than have been killed in combat during 2012, that's exceptional

we have a way of "supporting the troops" that leaves them without jobs, or homes. that's exceptional.

Now you can have at it, tell me to leave if I don't like it, but remember the "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" quote.

Last edited:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
The eagle in the seal is also holding the arrows of war in case peace fails to work.you didnt even get my meaning of those pictures did you?The picture on top is the flag the patriots flew at the battle of bunker hill.The second picture is the battle of bunker hill.The third picture is obvious,the result of the revolution.

Remove your pictures. They're null and void for this thread as they're nowhere near "exceptional"! In fact you're just one of many in that respect. ;)

List of countries that gained independence from the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, drones save American lives...Targets are a threat to our troops, or country, and most countries don't have the ability to use them, Israel uses them to name one.

Our bases are there to protect American interest and to be able to be used if needed in the future as a jumping off point to a hot spot....

No we don't provide universal health care, look at the countries that do, Canada being one, why do people living in Canada come to America for major operations? Because they have to wait forever to have it done there, the health care is stretched to the limit. I had a roommate from Canada, he was constantly complaining about health care in Canada and how much better Americas was. His father need major operation and waited over a year for it, he gave up came to America and got it here. He was afraid he was going to die waiting and he was in pain. When you need an operation do you want to have to wait in line for a year or longer?

I have no problem about a single penny of my taxes going to the military, the world is a scary place I prefer we have the capability to defend ourselves and to make any attacker know the price to attack us is 1000 times what they do. Hit us with a rock, we hit you with a missile. My problem is my tax money going to parasites who contribute nothing to our society except a constant drain of resources because they are too lazy to work. The parasites who feel we owe them money to sit home do nothing. We do not owe them because they made poor life choices....

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Remove your pictures. They're null and void for this thread as they're nowhere near "exceptional"! In fact you're just one of many in that respect. ;)

dano.jpg

blah blah blah.

Get a life. You have enough problems in "not so great" brittain and elsewhere in Yurp. Go whine there. You know, places like spain greece and the other economies failing because of doing the same things you think we need to do here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

List of countries that gained independence from the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dano, you don't understand American exceptionalism because your head is stuffed so far up you know where that you can't think. Those pictures Red posted are exceptional! And we could find many more like them. They are exceptional because they depict Americans over coming great odds. Something us Americans are very very good at. We just ain't like you Europeans who are happy bowing to others.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dave, drones save American lives...Targets are a threat to our troops, or country, and most countries don't have the ability to use them, Israel uses them to name one.

Our bases are there to protect American interest and to be able to be used if needed in the future as a jumping off point to a hot spot....

No we don't provide universal health care, look at the countries that do, Canada being one, why do people living in Canada come to America for major operations? Because they have to wait forever to have it done there, the health care is stretched to the limit. I had a roommate from Canada, he was constantly complaining about health care in Canada and how much better Americas was. His father need major operation and waited over a year for it, he gave up came to America and got it here. He was afraid he was going to die waiting and he was in pain. When you need an operation do you want to have to wait in line for a year or longer?

I have no problem about a single penny of my taxes going to the military, the world is a scary place I prefer we have the capability to defend ourselves and to make any attacker know the price to attack us is 1000 times what they do. Hit us with a rock, we hit you with a missile. My problem is my tax money going to parasites who contribute nothing to our society except a constant drain of resources because they are too lazy to work. The parasites who feel we owe them money to sit home do nothing. We do not owe them because they made poor life choices....

Extremely well said TH! ! !

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Dano, you don't understand American exceptionalism because your head is stuffed so far up you know where that you can't think. Those pictures Red posted are exceptional! And we could find many more like them. They are exceptional because they depict Americans over coming great odds. Something us Americans are very very good at. We just ain't like you Europeans who are happy bowing to others.

GLORY in DEAD BRITS...?

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Rebel, in my wife's family almost all of them are too lazy to work and will tell you that themselves....in between visits to the doctor for made up sicknesses. And they are certainly not unique!

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
GLORY in DEAD BRITS...?

There is no glory in dead Brits, Americans, or any one else....to think there is sounds like the thinking of Muslim extremest. Certainly not inline with most people. But there is a lot of glory in America!

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

I don't know why you would say wow, it is very, very common. Notice my wife and I don't agree with that lifestyle....we are the exception in her family.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

Hmm well, you're right about me not understanding about American exceptionalism. Not for the reason you stated, but purely for the fact that you lost that battle! (and the odds wern't that great.) :icon_scratch:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
16 Trillion is quite exceptional, and probably enough that in the relatively near future I will never have to hear this term again! The rich will no doubt still be smoking cigars and feeling exceptional while the country burns, but should that be any surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread