American/French Revolutionary Camp Finds

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found few more items at Revolutionary Camp in Maryland old coin can't identify, round balls, 2 copper items can anyone help identify the two items in left of pictures? IMG_2501[1].JPG IMG_2504[1].JPG IMG_2507[1].JPG IMG_2509[1].JPG IMG_2512[1].JPG IMG_2503[1].JPG IMG_2508[1].JPG

Upvote 0

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you're holding one of those seal top spoon handles in the first pic. Is there any design on the end?

OP
OP
cmthunder

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like it had iron on top and some raised part, can you explain more about raised top spoon handle

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
cmthunder

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader you are wise! Thanks I believe that is it. Thanks for picture from database .

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader you are wise! Thanks I believe that is it. Thanks for picture from database .

There are lots of similar types but they all follow the same construction, brass hook with iron screw back.

I have no clue on your clay pipe, I just like it when they come out nearly whole.

UK Finds Database - - - UKDFD
The above is the other piece you wanted to know about.

OP
OP
cmthunder

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks again, i guess the troops were carrying these items for some reason. Could the drawer handle have been handle to ammo box or some other box/

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks again, i guess the troops were carrying these items for some reason. Could the drawer handle have been handle to ammo box or some other box/

I would never want to assume anything in detecting, ie. there maybe no connection to the troops/camp at all. You must think of every possibility...

OP
OP
cmthunder

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks again how do you find these items in UK database, is it your past experience or do you search somehow? Its great when you can figure out what some of these items are thanks for the help once again.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
It might be just the shading, but the coin reminds me of the reverse of a North Wales Halfpenny.

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds buddy.

OP
OP
cmthunder

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 Georgivs coins here, this is slightly larger. Thought I could read" one" on one side in middle of coin.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks again how do you find these items in UK database, is it your past experience or do you search somehow? Its great when you can figure out what some of these items are thanks for the help once again.

I've pretty much found a hundred of everything you get 1 of.(not being big head, just rough facts) I don't like to find something I can't ID, so I learn all the time. I know what it is when I see it, normally within seconds of digging it. Its the one thing I'm good at, remembering what small pieces of finds are. Whether seeing it on here, in a book 5 years ago or ebay etc...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS. Often searching for pictures/links (I know people like) takes longer than just telling you. Thats why I used to just say & let the other search for the 'proof'.
The UKDFD is easier to search than the PAS, and they have more modern items. The PAS only records 300 years & older. But like anything, its knowing the right terms or keep generalising & scroll through the pages. On the UKDFD, change the dropdown to '40' per page. Or come here its quicker.

OP
OP
cmthunder

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader I really appreciate all the help and the pictures to see whole item recovered is fantastic. I 've been detecting about 6 yrs my dad got me started. He was my detecting buddy. He passed last Sept so now I'm on my own although did get my brother out one day. I figured real quick you know what your talking about thats why I ask you about pipe. Thanks sooo much for ID's.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader I really appreciate all the help and the pictures to see whole item recovered is fantastic. I 've been detecting about 6 yrs my dad got me started. He was my detecting buddy. He passed last Sept so now I'm on my own although did get my brother out one day. I figured real quick you know what your talking about thats why I ask you about pipe. Thanks sooo much for ID's.

Pipes I don't get whole too often. But my brother I took out once & he fell alsleep on a stubble field, so that was the end of that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread