AMRA Claim experience

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I signed up to the AMRA claim deal this weekend, so I might be able to use their claims, as well as support the cause. So last night me and my buddy drove up to the New Stanislaus river I-bar claim. Woke up this morning and started looking around some.

No problem finding the sign and getting down to the water Water level was lower than I had seen it before, but once down we noted that pretty much every inch of the first upper section had been hammered pretty hard by many people. I test panned down about 100 yards downstream and got nothing in any of the pans. Tried both sides of the river. Not saying this is not a good claim, It is 60 acres after all, just that you will have to travel down quite a distance to MAYBE find some undisturbed ground to work. In the areas I saw it was pretty well beat over. Just my trip report. It was hot as hexx too. We got out of there around noon, just too damned hot once that sun started beating down on you. Great weather to dredge though.. if we could.

I noted there were some cars further up the grade, which looked like they might have gone down to the claim, but WOW, what a hike that must be. That country is almost straight up and down.

Will be checking out some of the other claims near me in the future and will post here what I found.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
My recent experience with the SF Stan is to move up off the bottom of the river20, 40 ft. or more. I was working 20 ft up the bank near the LDMA boundary and found some nice material. Most of the people I know that work that area dont spend much time working the bottom anymore unless they are sniping the very bottom.

RotGrub

Jun 13, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That area has been beat to death. Need a 200 yr flood... I spent about 4 years in the LDMA camp and worked Silver Creek pretty hard with OK results. I ran a recirculating highbanker and packed in water. The lower area produced a nice nugget once in while but it has been dredged since the 70s. I too am an AMRA member and we are having great results in the Coulterville area, again we are running a recirculating highbanker in areas without water. I know its not for everyone but it works for us. We inspected 6-7 claims in the Coulterville - Groveland areas and they all have great potential. It is my experience that you need to get down to bedrock in areas that have not been easily worked in the past. Shovels and pans won't produce much gold. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions