Blaster question?

Al(GA)

Mar 6, 2010
I need to set up a good blaster for my dredge/highbanker, the garden hose out the side of my Keene P180 pump just doesn't cut it. Years ago I built one that worked well but that was over 15 years ago. What's the best way now, buy one or build one? I can build one but I need a 1.5" "Y" for my pump (one side reduced to 1") and don't know where to find one. Trying to keep it affordable.
Any comments/help is appreciated.

Al

Upvote 0

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IF your going to go the pump route vs. the nozzle blaster look for a 1" fire fighting "piercing" nozzle, they make very nice blaster nozzles

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
For my blaster source I take my water from the highpressure hose and a convenient spot. I have two different hoses. a 3/4 garden hose and a 1 inch hose. I have the Honda 6.5 eng. with the Keene P180 pump I don't take water for my blaster from the service port on the pump! I take mine right off the Dave Frank PVC venture that has the 3/4 , 1 inch posts taped into it. It supplys more than enough water pressure for anything I need! and the tip of the hose I went to Harbhor Frieght and bought one of their long nozzle brass tips ($5.???) you could always add a 2 inch "Y" to your pump and 1 side goes to your nozzle and reduce down the other port to 3/4 and put a valve on it. and attach your 3/4 blaster hose to this. youll have plenty of pressure there!!!!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any rubber shop will have the parts you need. Can't see where you are from so, your on your own to find one. I like 1" hardline fire hose with a ball valve and reducer on the end.

026_23A.JPG

A piercing nozzle? Really? I've only used the wall piercer's that shoot water in all directions, is that what you mean or is there a straight shot piercing nozzle?

Picture_22.jpg

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No didn't mean a wall or attic piercing nozzle . The plain jane brass tapered nozzle with a ball valve and reducer if needed. You say tomatoe I say tomato. As a former fire Capt. guess I should have used the exact proper nomenclature- geezo tough crowd lol!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Al(GA)

Mar 6, 2010
Thanks for the feedback guys --- I am in NC (western) just N. of GA border. I need to update my profile I reckon haha.

I am leaning toward the 1" hose with a straight nozzle and ball valve. That's very similar to what I used years ago and it worked well. I will use it more for hydraulick 'ing and punching holes (all out of creek work). My pump (P180) is reduced from the 2" output to 1.5" with a bell reducer, since I use a 1.5" pressure hose for my 2.5" suction nozzle. Now I just need to find a "Y" for 1.5" and reduce one side to 1" for the blaster.
I appreciate the help!

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread