Amra makes a wage??

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well I figured some of you may get a chuckle... Kinda reminds me of the kids running around in their crime fighters with a towel tied around their neck .. "I'm Superman I'm Superman" ... Sure they aren't bulletproof but its fun for them to pretend..
I suppose some never grow out of pretending..

I am down with the flu but watching this vid really made me laugh.. Like Saturday Night Live for prospecting.
I love the time taken to promote crappy recreational tools.
my favorite part was the end and the wording.. A MINER NEVER TELLS BUT WE DID MAKE WAGES..

Integrity and Truth and Prospecting/Mining knowledge are things that AMRA lack.. Pretty much just another B.S Non Profit preaching and teaching ignorance.. No different then the ignorant Enviromentlist non profits..

Shannon get to make wages all on a non profits dollar.. Well I mean if that's if you take AMRA at its word.. But regardless you donate you are just supporting SHANNON and Friends and their silly adventures in make believe.. But I suppose we just have to take Shannons word for it on the good they are doing. They have absolutely no Transparency at all. Hell even the Non profits of the Enviros share more then AMRA and how Donations are used...

Upvote 0
T

Tuolumne

go to page 3 and post #37 of terry's post to see better pic of their returns

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like $26,866 went to lawyers or other professional services, plus another $6670 to the PLP lawyer and court costs
all the other expenses look reasonable for sending people to attending or speaking functions compared to other types of people that do speaking engagements or functions, except they didn't get paid to speak. there's a lot of expenses for any business that have to come out each month, phone, gas, internet, web hosting, rents, electricity, motels, insurance etc... if you add up fuel, supply's, travel, business expenses, and conferences it's around $3000 per month, this isn't just one person stop by their booth at a gold show. as far as bank fees, that's why they have a board of directors I'm sure it will be taken care of internally. its not just Shannon its a whole organization. we need groups like AMRA because while you might take care of things that come up with agency's, new laws and such you don't care about me and my situation, the river I have claims on was closed last year, lots of people working behind the scenes on a fix. I myself am very grateful for land rights groups, mining rights groups, even the NRA is fighting for my rights. How they spend my donation is not a concern, membership fees I do have a vote.
its time to fight... not sit by on your pity pot... get involved...

Last edited:
T

Tuolumne

i agree, but you cant just throw money and be armchair advocate or arm chair miner for that matter unless we are talking Sierra fund type donations in the tens of thousands of dollars.

I think it comes down to individuals first, not orgs, going to meeting and writing letters. 100 small miners looks way better in a room and has more clout than a one person non profit supposedly representing thousands with cookie cutter mailings......thats why Izzy and amra both look ridiculous because they both get paid to show up at meetings, this dilutes their clout. I went to meetings, wrote my letters, talked with my neighbors and got them to do the same, for free, no donation required or money spent on raffels.

Plus I doubt many people have a amra debit card, that should not be something a few people have, it should be one person controlling the ins and outs with check and balances of its members vetting the transactions in the open, not just seeing where they can lump the transaction for line items at tax time, which is probably what they are doing right now!!

if it doesnt mean that much to show up then thats all our lose, why pin your hopes on amateur atm fee amra? thats is not a good plan- plus amra is already spreading itself thin over more states, do they really have time and money and extra atm fees to help all of us-no. When was the last time amra blew some gas money and showed up to a Oregon event or meeting? Maybe they are still editing video on that for facebook:) lol

Plus thats 2015 taxes, lets see the next two years.

But no one wants to answer my question? Why no transparency? Why no weekly/monthly,yearly update on money coming in and going? Im not supporting any org that hides its non-profit transactions. Lets here from a board member, does anyone want to speak up? is board members professional accountants or lawyers or are they just members and club heads?

El salvador just outlawed any mining for precious metals, all your work and money spent advocating can be un-done in the next voting cycle.

With all these T-net all stars with great info we have yet to hear from one amra member, not one report of someone working a amra claim? Lets here from AMRA please

Last edited:

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
i agree, but you cant just throw money and be armchair advocate or arm chair miner for that matter unless we are talking Sierra fund type donations in the tens of thousands of dollars.

I think it comes down to individuals first, not orgs, going to meeting and writing letters. 100 small miners looks way better in a room and has more clout than a one person non profit supposedly representing thousands with cookie cutter mailings......thats why Izzy and amra both look ridiculous because they both get paid to show up at meetings, this dilutes their clout. I went to meetings, wrote my letters, talked with my neighbors and got them to do the same, for free, no donation required or money spent on raffels.

if it doesnt mean that much to show up then thats all our lose, why pin your hopes on amateur atm fee amra? thats is not a good plan- plus amra is already spreading itself thin over more states, do they really have time and money and extra atm fees to help all of us-no. When was the last time amra blew some gas money and showed up to a Oregon event or meeting?

Plus thats 2015 taxes, lets see the next two years. But no one wants to answer my question? Why no transparency? Why no weekly/monthly,yearly update on money coming in and going? Im not supporting any org that hides its non-profit transactions. Lets here from a board member, does anyone want to speak up? is board members professional accountants or lawyers or are they just members and club heads? With all these T-net all stars with great info we have yet to hear from one amra member, not one report of someone working a amra claim? Lets here from AMRA please

You're nothing but a gas bag Todd. As far as i am concerned you are an armchair advocate yourself. You talked agood game leading up to the SWRBC meetings but yet nobody saw your there. Oh yeah, you were sitting on your ass calling the play by play for everyone else. You "think it comes down to individuals first, not orgs, going to meeting and writing letters." You haven't done crap except for insult the individuals who are doing something.

This thread should be retitiled, "Look at us, we're a bunch of lazy A$$, whining, crying, insulting, selfish prick, douchebags."

Last edited:
T

Tuolumne

calling me names will not solve amras shortcomings and transparency, it may change the subject but your cant be lazy and not look into a orgs transactions! Dont get mad at me for showing you the wizard of oz is not real.

going to meetings doesnt make me armchair buddy, so I dont follow your logic there, there were less than 50 people at the Sac meeting so where is all the armchair people that care? Am I lazy for going to the meeting when 99% of miners did not? Show up or shut up and I showed up so im not shutting up.

All miners are in it for themselves, there is no free gold for my miner brothers and sisters, thats the problem, how can you garner public support when your are not sharing your finds/profit with the public? Want amra to make it happen for a fee? thats a pipe dream......

I was the only one giving live updates and even gave a report of what happened, I didnt use any donation money to make that happen. my letters have just as much clout as yours right? Im all for my small miners but dont be butt hurt mad at me for amras transparency short comings.

Amra highgraded my claim, left trash and didnt even fill their hole, what the hell can you not understand about me not liking amra?

Sorry but I aint gonna support new orgs that mineral trespass and beg for donations no matter how good you think they are doing for you and me.

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
And may I add: and don't waste your time getting in online fights. You can't fix stupid. And it goes both ways.

Good to hear from you Rick, thanks for all the work you do and all the agencies, that continue to fight the libertards in Sacramento.... all the best.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who... at the last miners bash... could not follow simple instructions...to not trespass...
And lives with his mom...hates...HATES to, and will not pay taxes.
Who is that guy ...got called a claim jumper? manicures bud? until it's legal....douchebag
who? ass hole that can't shut up!!

And you s h i t on groups that do ...what you are to lazy to do? try?

You and Terry s h i t stain Solomen need to form a club....and beat each other over the head with it!!
Dicks

If you want to talk about this man to man(you need to find a man, vagina boy..) I will gladly agree....

Now this is going to become a classic response :evil6:
That really puts the nail in the coffin, hahaha.
Right on Oregon Viking :icon_thumright:
I'd forgotten about the Miners Bash trespasser...

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
have you had any success on a amra claim? make wages? how come no one has not even one real report of a amra claim? we need you guys to get nerdy and make a video like the people do with the pay dirt and the rate of return LOL hahaha
b. I am just a weekend warrior, and I cannot use my dredge, so making wages, no. Some of the claims I went to last year were to low to even run a sluice, so I got skunked, another claim, I got lost in the woods, and never even got to,prospect. I have a couple of other claims I intend to get to this summer and maybe drop my mercury recovery unit in to see how much mercury is in the gravels. I reall y need to get that rig running again, then I might stand a chance. I try to post trip reports to AMRA everytime I go to a new claim, on the AMRA site. Some claims the directions are wrong so it is difficult to find them. Others are easy. The one claim down below LDMA at italian bar is pretty well,picked over, unless your willing to get wet and get down to the lower section where fewer pople go. I understand that has better gold due to less pressure. The easy pickins are done picked.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM & TT, do you want an "education in activism?" Volunteer. Everyone needs help. Do you want to see for yourself how all the organizations are "squandering your money", when then volunteer, that way you can see it for yourself from the inside out. That way, you will know for a fact you aren't being fed a line. Get involved. If you want to do your own activism, and don't want to "waste money" giving to others who are volunteering THIER OWN TIME, contact us and we can give you talking points where you can go down a visit your elected representative. Can't hurt, and it is better than bashing what other volunteers are doing, trying to make positive change. Spend a bunch of time getting to know your representative (both local and on the State & Federal level) on a first name basis. Pull out your poke pour it on the table and let your elected official get a taste of "the elephant" and explain how your small scale mining business is one of many who supporting your local community. Who knows, maybe you will make a friend. The enviros have convinced all the elected officials that miners are old farts who only recreationally mine one weekend a year. No one understands it is an industry which supports and enriches low income communities- which are being destroyed due to lack of employemnt. Tell them how we remove mercury from the rivers...... There is only so much a small group of people like WMA can do. There is only so much time (an no money). If you want to help out in a big way, contact us. If we had four or five people in each county of the State of CA visiting our elected officials on a regular basis (especially in Democrat districts) it possibly could make a big difference. What do we have? Crickets... You want to help out? call anytime..... but I'm not holding my breath.....

Also, I don't buy your argument about capitalism. In CA, Big Government is choosing the winners and losers- the word for that is Fascism. The Large Corporations and Environmental non-profits are working overtime to introduce legislation that destroys the small businessman, while ensures continued profits for their own enterprises. Nope, that's not capitalism. Look it up.

Great posts Rick :notworthy:
I've been out of touch travelling the US, I'll help Keith also, just like Brandon.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to let you guys see how I see things....
Screenshot_2017-04-05-12-49-30.png

Instead of reading some people's BS comments that really don't matter... I prefer to skip right thru to continuing helping where I can. Sounds like Keith needs some help so start putting some gold where your mouth is and help support our family.

It's pretty simple to block Izzy's pals, that just want to waste your time and keep you from mining. It's been over a year since I blocked someone, and it still works great.
I'm Happy :evil6:

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Advice Reed on blocking stupid posts. Will give it a try

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blah, blah, ba-blah-blah, blah..

Show us WHERE the donations went. How much to legal funds for small miners? More than your Travel; Gasoline; Advertising; and Equipment expenses?
How much was spent on Small Miner Education, Public Relations, Lawmaker Outreach? :skullflag:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the insults and language violations or thread gets locked and some lose right to post for awhile.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Great posts Rick :notworthy:
I've been out of touch travelling the US, I'll help Keith also, just like Brandon.

Reed you get around more than the old Travelocity Nome:-) Dig the new trailer...... All the best....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread