An 1831 Large Cent, cool whisky flask and many odds and ends....

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todays digs.... I went back to yesterdays spot hoping to pull off another two plate day, but it was not to be. I was also looking for the computer dudes safe that was also stolen. It wasn't there either. But I did manage a 1831 Large Cent, a cool whiskey flask, and a few odds and ends. The little tinned pan has what looks like a bullet hole in it. From the angle I think that someone floated it out in the water and shot it as it went by in the current. At least that's what I would have done. Tomorrow evening I hope to go back to an old spot and see if my new detector can do a better job with the discrimination than my old machine. It is a colonial mill site that is LOADED with square nails of all sizes. Until then... TFL!

Attachments

• P7070011.JPG
    P7070011.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds man!

I wonder what that handle is at the top of the pile? Is it part of an old iron?

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People sure did lose a lot of pocket knives :icon_scratch:

You're on fire man. Keep it up :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not really sure what the D-ring goes to. It could be from an iron. I have found cinch strap rings that look just like this, but this one is very heavy. And chiggers, yeah, I have them as we type. :tongue3:

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried that, but it didn't seem to work for me. Besides, I like the itch... keeps me alive man!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice LC :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:icon_thumright:
Congrats on the finds Beau! Hope the new machine works well in discriminating among all the iron nails. They very thing has concerned me in my style of hunting with the water machine I use now.
Keith

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SC Kieth... That is the strong point of the AT Pro. The discriminator is awesome. It is much like on the T2 or F75. It is precisely because of the discrim that I am able to go back to my old sites and work the iron infested areas. I don't know what you are using, but I'm coming off of CZ-21's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread