apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the day off today so I decided to call a few banks out of town. 1 bank had $100 halves; the other, $380.00--so I head out. The 1st bank rolls were all skunks, but had good luck with 2nd bank.

When I called the 2nd bank to see if they had any halves, an elderly teller said yes, she had $380.00 in the vault, and if I wanted them, I would have to buy all of them. Hmmm. That did not sound good, but I asked her to hold them for me.

Purchased the rolls, sat in the car, and was too tempted to wait until I got back home. The rolls are old school. One of my kids will be here tomorrow and help me upload my cell phone photos. The first roll produced 1-1967, and roll two produced a Ben. Then, I thought to myself, start the car and go home. I did.

The 38 rolls produced 42 silver--1 roll had 13 silver (I almost choked!); others had 9, 6, and 5.

Totals:
2 Bens
3-1964
37-40%

My best haul to date. July has been really good to me (yeah, I know this is only day 2). The last two days I have culled more silver than from Jan-June combined.

Happy Hunting,
apush :read2:

Upvote 0

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush,
Congratulations! That is a great haul for a "cold call" pick-up. :icon_thumright:
Keep pulling!
Steve

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Boy, were you lucky. Usually when they tell you they have 3 or 4 hundred, somebody dumped them there. Good score!! I seem to do the best when I hear 5 to 15 rolls. :thumbsup:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
So sweet it is to find such as ye hath findeth, it brightens thy day does it not; so fareth this year have found 5 finds like yours for a total of just over 800 Silvers, and many more in numbers of one to oh 3 or 4 every so often too.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush, My friend the silver is indeed raining down upon you ! congratulations !!! Now I do
believe I owe you an apology- as this is my six hundred and sixty six-th post - and I certainly
wouldn't wish anything but goodness for you and your loved ones !!! God Bless You ! and
continued success in silver mining . Argentium.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread