First timer sort of

princeton

Jul 2, 2010
Hello I have been lurking for a while and picked up a few 40% every now and then. I stopped by a bank today asked if they had any halves they had $140 in customer rolls. I bought them and they said they had some silver dollars and brought them out they had 11 1991 silver bullion and I bought them also. would up with 24 40%ers.
Not to bad for my first time i thi IMG00004-20100702-1415.JPG nk

Upvote 0

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Princeton,
Congratulations! That is a magnificent take from a walk-in. You really made out. That's once in a lifetime type results!
Good job. :hello2:
Steve

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Congrats on a couple of great finds. I live about 30 miles from Princeton, IL Is that where you're from?

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! nice score!!! thats how the silver/crhing gods get u hooked, they tease u by giving u all u want at 1st, then when ur really craving silver, u always get skunked! :laughing9:
PS i always buy the silver rounds that are literally just coin shaped ounces of silver, not produced by the mint, in other words not having any monetary value other than melt, cuz knowing myself, i would get a huge stash of them, and then trade them in at the bank for face value. (once when i was younger, i bought a red seal fiver from a coin store, but then i needed $$$ for something, so i spent it! :tongue3: ive always regretted it, altho it was just one red seal fiver, i prob. lost a grand total of fifty cents right there :laughing9:)

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with Golden Silver. That is a once in a lifetime Hunt.

Incredible. The most I have gotten in Silver Dollars was two worn peace dollars from a bank and I was more than happy.

By the tone on you story looks that you were telling it very calm.

I would have been, " Hey Guysssssssssssssssssss. Guess whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt"

Congrats.

Darth Walker

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'd think that was an unbelieveable find,if I didn't believe in beginners luck. Plus I got a Silver Eagle on my second crh.
Congratulations on a terrific find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Happy 4th
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread