An asteroid is coming!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm digging a fox hole at this moment!!!!! Yikes!!!!! Text me when it's over!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE: I lived through it so I am assuming it missed. Oh, well, back to the everyday dull norm. TTC

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TC does this mean I can put my MRE meal back? Oh well, maybe next time, we lived to hunt another day HH acman

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Fred Sanford: Oh, this is the biggest one I ever had. You hear that Elizabeth? I'm coming to join you honey.

Tokameel

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, guys! The BIG ONE will be soon enough. Seems to me, most doomsday rocks are discovered AFTER going past and coming back from the sun before spotted. What will we all do if the rock IS found with our name on it... and no time to stop it? Without the shuttle... and our space cowboys all retiring from movies... who will stop it? Hmmm. TTC

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
Oh, well, I guess when you're a journalist and trying to MAKE the news (instead of just reporting the facts), then 3.5 million miles can be pretty close.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm digging a fox hole at this moment!!!!! Yikes!!!!! Text me when it's over!
Foxhole!.... Ah, brings back memories.... A drill instructor told me one day..... "If you see a fox in that hole, it's a fox hole. If you see a Marine in that hole, it's a FIGHTING hole!" (you can eat those MREs) TTC

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fight hole sounds better to me, haha thanks, acman
“The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!”
Eleanor Roosevelt

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it kinda of alarming they never report these things are coming untill the day before or the day off the meteor to pass ...do you think they would still report it if they knew it was going to hit us

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it kinda of alarming they never report these things are coming untill the day before or the day off the meteor to pass ...do you think they would still report it if they knew it was going to hit us

Dosn't really Matter to me.

until it actually hits, I won't be checking the news asking

"What was that ? "
images.jpeg

electriceye

Jun 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETrac (purchase pending)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Asteroid that wizzed by Earth was only discovered June 10th... by accident. It then flew past only 4 days later. Not much warning there! It was also much larger than initially thought as it was soo dark it did not reflect enough light to guage it's size correctly. More here-

A massive asteroid that zipped by Earth last week is actually twice as large as scientists originally thought, new radar images of the behemoth space rock reveal.

Asteroid 2012 LZ1 sailed within 3.3 million miles (5.3 million kilometers) of Earth at its closest approach on June 14. Since that distance is roughly 14 times the distance between Earth and the moon, the oblong-shaped asteroid 2012 LZ1never posed a threat of colliding with our planet.

But the flyby did allow astronomers to train the planetary radar system at the Arecibo Observatory, a huge radio telescope in Puerto Rico, on asteroid 2012 LZ1 and find that its size was seriously underestimated.
Asteroid 2012 LZ1 Twice as Big as Thought | Asteroid Threats | Space.com

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There IS an asteroid with our name on it. It is supposed to hit earth about 825 years from now. I ain't gonna wait, though. TTC

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There IS an asteroid with our name on it. It is supposed to hit earth about 825 years from now. I ain't gonna wait, though. TTC

Preparation-H should work on asteroids :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread