Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The field I have been detecting gave up some awesome relics this week. Had a hail storm come through one evening when I was in the middle of the field and fortunately, I had a ski cap on and a hood on my jacket. Must have been an omen as I found another Roman coin shortly after the hail stopped and the Romans were not settled here. I was only able to detect 1/3 of the field and I am not sure if I will get back to it as I will be moving over the next few weeks. Here is a beautiful church I passed most days on my drive to and from work, digital camera could not take a nice picture but here it is.
9Mar07schweinchurch.jpg

Here are the better finds. Also have a handful of worn copper coins, buttons, relics and a few clay marbles. The lead finds, 3 musket balls, a possible spindle whorl, two lead seals and a lead tag with no markings.
9Mar07lead.jpg

A homemade buckle, an old cracked thimble and another buckle.
9Mar07buckles.jpg

A large encrusted religious pendant.
9Mar07relpen.jpg

A poor condition swastika pin, pin is also intact, it will not clean up as it is made of zinc.
9Mar07Swaspin.jpg

A beat up aluminum swastika buckle but this is the nicest buckle of this type I have found of 3-4.
9Mar07Swasbuckle.jpg

Obverse of a large Roman bronze Sestertius, very worn.
9Mar07ses1O.jpg

Reverse of the Sestertius, looks like it had a building on it.
9Mar07ses1R.jpg

Another Roman bronze Sestertius encrusted with a patina that may have helped to preserve it. The obverse, appears to be a bust facing left.
9Mar07ses2O.jpg

Reverse looks to have two people standing.
9Mar07ses2R.jpg

A nice silver coin dated 1687 with St. Kilian (Kilianus Sanctus) on the obverse holding a sword to the left and scepter to the right. Cleaned it with a toothpick and silver cleaner.
9Mar07sil1687O.jpg

Reverse of the silver coin, date of 1687 in the middle divided by a coat of arms. I have not researched it much and do not know where it is from. I had a good week! HH, Mike
9Mar07sil1687R.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: An awesome week of finds...

Obverse of an American sterling silver marksmanship badge probably from WWII. Would not fit into the original post.
9Mar07silbadgeO.jpg

Reverse of the badge. Had two mounting pins and the hangars would have had the qualification level of expert, sharpshooter or marksman.
9Mar07silbadgeR.jpg

Close up of the sterling mark, note there is a “G” near the sterling mark.
9Mar07silbadgeRC.jpg

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds - talking about travelling through time.

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Fisher F-75 Ltd - Omega 8000
Mike your postings draw me like a magnet. I love seeing the stuff you pull from the ground.
Congratulations on a super hunt.
Ron

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Wow Mike... I appreciate your kind words on my finds, but YOUR finds are truley treasures! Your posts are fantastic... wtg!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations, Mike! That IS a great week. :o

I can't imagine trying to ID a coin when there is thousands of years of coinage to pick from. 8)

D

dugupfinds

Much better than I'm doing. I knew your get some more romans, wait 'til you get the silver :)

Nice milled coin, I could do with something like that right now :'(

Just had another look, hate to say it but the first one doesn't look Roman.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike I hope your move puts you in a great place for more finds like these. I would do a Happy dance if I found coins like those. WTG
Burdie

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Great finds Mike. At least you can get out there. I still have four feet of snow on the ground, but today is 40 degrees and it is starting to melt. Congrats...Lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions