Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The field I have been detecting gave up some awesome relics this week. Had a hail storm come through one evening when I was in the middle of the field and fortunately, I had a ski cap on and a hood on my jacket. Must have been an omen as I found another Roman coin shortly after the hail stopped and the Romans were not settled here. I was only able to detect 1/3 of the field and I am not sure if I will get back to it as I will be moving over the next few weeks. Here is a beautiful church I passed most days on my drive to and from work, digital camera could not take a nice picture but here it is.
9Mar07schweinchurch.jpg

Here are the better finds. Also have a handful of worn copper coins, buttons, relics and a few clay marbles. The lead finds, 3 musket balls, a possible spindle whorl, two lead seals and a lead tag with no markings.
9Mar07lead.jpg

A homemade buckle, an old cracked thimble and another buckle.
9Mar07buckles.jpg

A large encrusted religious pendant.
9Mar07relpen.jpg

A poor condition swastika pin, pin is also intact, it will not clean up as it is made of zinc.
9Mar07Swaspin.jpg

A beat up aluminum swastika buckle but this is the nicest buckle of this type I have found of 3-4.
9Mar07Swasbuckle.jpg

Obverse of a large Roman bronze Sestertius, very worn.
9Mar07ses1O.jpg

Reverse of the Sestertius, looks like it had a building on it.
9Mar07ses1R.jpg

Another Roman bronze Sestertius encrusted with a patina that may have helped to preserve it. The obverse, appears to be a bust facing left.
9Mar07ses2O.jpg

Reverse looks to have two people standing.
9Mar07ses2R.jpg

A nice silver coin dated 1687 with St. Kilian (Kilianus Sanctus) on the obverse holding a sword to the left and scepter to the right. Cleaned it with a toothpick and silver cleaner.
9Mar07sil1687O.jpg

Reverse of the silver coin, date of 1687 in the middle divided by a coat of arms. I have not researched it much and do not know where it is from. I had a good week! HH, Mike
9Mar07sil1687R.jpg

Upvote 0

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
nice luftwaffe buckle!!! That looks like a ww2 marksman badge to me. I have my grandfathers from ww2 (he flew b29s).. looks the same, even has a stearling mark on the back too. Lots of good finds!! I hope the weather stays nice for awhile so I can go digging myself! HH!

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice relics and coins Mike. Tsgman

GPAZ

Oct 24, 2006
Roby, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I love reading your post, but I think they are detrimental to my health because I want to beat my head against my desk every time I see all the cool stuff you find.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm REALLY liking that pic of the church! Very unique! 8) And of course your finds are always the best! Congrats!!!!

Nana :)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
More great stuff. At least this silver coin is not bent. ;)

Too bad that stuff is so old. Otherwise it would look nicer. ;) :D :D

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread