An hour at the local school

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got back out this morning, and spent an hour at the local schoolyard. The pickens were slim in the woodchips, so I started a corner of the ballfield I hadn't gotten to before. Not much to write home about, just a $1.16 in clad, but got a 1956 wheatie and a 1951 nickel. I think both were recent drops though, as they were both at about 2", and are waaaay to good a shape to have been in the ground long. Some of the 1980s and 90s clad was in worse shape than they were, lol! Why can't these kids carry dollar coins, lol! Not much, I know, but after not getting out for 3 weeks, it sure felt good to get back out there. HH all!

Attachments

• Sherman 10-7-06.jpg
    Sherman 10-7-06.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 384
  • Sherman 2 10-7-06.jpg
    Sherman 2 10-7-06.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 381
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
wheaties are always cool. maybe not as much as a silver dime but cool nonetheless! its raining here this morning so it looks like im holed up until it dries out! figures, my brother and i found an old cellar hole to hunt! :'( oh well, maybe tomorrow). anyway, its good to see you getting out!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome back to today's finds, treasurekidd!

It looks like you found a dime from "Canadia", too. What's the date on that? ;)

OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, it's good to be back out there! The Canadian is only a 1981, no 1/2 silver there, lol! HP, good luck with that cellar hole, hope the rain stops for ya!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread