An impossible site that didnt suck

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An impossible site that didn't suck

I spend many, many days chasing down impossible sites with nothing to show for my efforts 'cept for thorn holes all over...

Today's site wasn't just impossible, it doesn't even exist anymore...just condos now. But carefull overlays of old maps on new ones turned up a tiny lost tract of a historic Columbus site and hard hike to get there. Wasn't long before my early prediction of "land fill" started proving true (lost tracts of land are usually lost for a reason)...but this one hill side started showing cool crap instead of 40's. Old hair clip, old buckle then a crusty 1885 injun. COOL.

Much work left to do there...excited to have a new old site to work, but had more sites on the list for the day.

Site 2 was a hidden but once popular park for silver hunters in the '80's. One wheat and a sweet fatty .925 ring :-)

Site 3: another lost tract of woods...this time lost 'cause it turned out to be a swamp. Worked the dry part on the edge and got a nice tootsietoy truck.

Site 4: 5 wheaties at a construction site. I've worked it before, but they keep moving the dirt around, never hurts to check again.

I'm whipped. Long day huntin...but worth it...the injun ain't much to look at, it's what it means...a new 19th century site in a very worked over area where most places to hunt have been beat to death by 30 years of diggers before you.

Attachments

• 85ih.jpg
    85ih.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 622
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 588
  • stuuf2.jpg
    stuuf2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 617
Upvote 0

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Re: An impossible site that didn't suck

Nice collection for finds.......nice research too.............great job

Cheers!

Dugholes :laughing7:

P

Pentico

davest said:
I agree with dugholes, you did some great research and it paid off. Congrats.

Yeah what they said! :thumbsup:
Congats on your finds
D Nugget

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

research produces stuff --nuff said