ANALOG VERSUS DIDGITAL

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I never tried analog.I like digital because it usually means higher end models have more
visual information in there displays like graphs,numbers,etc.not to mention menu,s of
saveable settings.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like the analog meters with their bouncing needles...a BETTER question would have been "Your Stance on Meters--With or Without?" I love analog machines. Makes my brain and ears work harder. And after using analogs for 15 years, I find that using an ID machine or digital graph is much, much easier. You really have to know an analog machine--every bit as much as you have to get used to programs and "tweaking" a digital one.

Cheers,

Buckleboy

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
The digital meter gives you so much more information. I like knowing an approximate depth and ID before digging in the ground. It will never be 100 percent accurate but every little bit of information helps if time is limited as it usually is these days.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I posted this on another post:

The minelab with less bells and whistle will last longer and work better such as the GT,Musketeer etc....all that punching of the silicone buttons and read outs are not really needed and will go out quicker and are expensive to fix.when I'm hunting that's all I want to do... and, not have to look at the thing every time it bips.I set my machine.. and in a pouch it gose, never to be seen a gain till I have to balance.

If you plan on upgrading.

RD

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
I am a dyed in the wool analog man. I believe the simpler, the better. I listen to the tones and never look at the meter anyway. I don't need a display to tell me that the target is a dime. quarter or whatever. I kinow what it is by the sound.I have hunted with guys that use digital meters and they waste to much time checking the numbers and changing programs. I also have to have a hipmountable machine as I can only grip with 2 fingers of my right hand so most whites and minelabs are out. I use an old Fisher cz6 and it does just fine for me.

Les

OP
OP
mirage hunter

mirage hunter

Jun 4, 2007
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 PRO XL
Thanks for all the reply's I also have a anolog and love it!! I think you can see the difference in things with a anolog better than digital!!

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Don´t use detectors with meters, just good old 3 tone sound ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread