Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
A few pieces just for fun...

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00876.jpg

DSC00873.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

Talk about your heartbreakers, no two pieces fit together and there are many.
Found many years ago by family members.

BW

Upvote 0

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pieces, bravowhiskey. You should make it out to the 4 corners area sometime and check out Mesa Verde. They have some nice stuff in the park museum there.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Bravo !!!! Just imagine who they will look in a frame. That is the best of the best in pottery in my opinion. Nice collection. Thank you for sharing :thumbsup:
HH
TnMtns

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Those are neat! Buckshot has a bunch of mixed pieces glued together to make a really cool bowl. It was a gift, I don't know if that detracts from the value of the individual pieces or not, but it's a neat way to display them. MAYBE he'll post a picture. The odd thing, to me anyway, is the painted sides are the inside of the bowl. And just because I'm nosy, Bravowhiskey, is that a real hornytoad in your avatar?

naturegirl

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
naturegirl said:
Those are neat! Buckshot has a bunch of mixed pieces glued together to make a really cool bowl. It was a gift, I don't know if that detracts from the value of the individual pieces or not, but it's a neat way to display them. MAYBE he'll post a picture. The odd thing, to me anyway, is the painted sides are the inside of the bowl. And just because I'm nosy, Bravowhiskey, is that a real hornytoad in your avatar?

naturegirl
Ya, know NG, that is one of the first things I thought of also. It seemed backwards to me. Most all of them are on the inside.
Funny story about the hornytoad. My FIL carved ivory, among many other hobbies he had. He found the lizard one day, brought it home with him, kept it tied to a string, tethered to a small branch outside. When he was home at night he would use it as a live model for his carving while he sat in his den. When he got done he took it back where he found it and released it. It ran off quite unconcerned. Here is a better pic/s.

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

He had more patience than Jobe.

Thanks for asking.

BW

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I thought it was a sculpture. And excellent one! He did an incredible job. The detail is superb. I cast a small one in bronze, and it's been my best seller, well over 20. Mine isn't near as nice as this one. I did the same thing, my husband brought home a few live ones for me to look at. Which is a no-no here in Northern ok. now. I wish I had written down all the stories people have told me about thier memories of horny toads. Seems they were part of everyone's childhood. thanks for showing that beautiful artwork.

naturegirl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread