Ancient tool?

Rean.c

Dec 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this while I was fossil hunting, completely different then the other rocks around. And fits in your hand better then a blackberry lol. IMG_1260.JPG IMG_1260.JPG IMG_1260.JPG IMG_1260.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 1

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a tidbit! Sometimes the dating and identification of tools of Prehistoric and Post-Prehistoric people in North America is skewed by viewing everything found based on the Clovis people. However, it is now known that there were Pre-Clovis migrations of people to North America and that the possibility exists from somewhat recent finds, that there were Pre-Historic people who were already living in North America before the migrations.

Frank

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To me it looks like naturally formed river rock. That being said, If I found it and needed a tool, I would most certainly use it. I do believe that N/A, Early Americans, "First Settlers", however you want to refer to these survivors as, if they found a rock that was naturally formed and it suits a job they needed it for, yes it is an artifact.
A rock picked up to smash a bone for its marrow is a tool right?
Nice find and good color,

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting find I say

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a polished hardstone celt or axe head to me. Even has an indentation for hafting on one side. Run it by the experts on the Native American relics forum. Congrats! Sub 8-)

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A celt perchance...d2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread