maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So I went to dump my halves yesterday and as I'm standing in line waiting to do my dump I notice on the back counter 5 piles of MWer's piled up in little piles and 10 rolls that weren't opened up ( all black and white skunk rolls). The teller comes over and as we are doing the process I ask her what all the empty wrappers are on the back table, she says that some guy ordered a box of halves opened 3/4's of them and then brought them back to get his money back, I'm thinking what an idiot, they were pissed about it, then she says people used order them from their bank but now just seem to drop them off now. I asked if the rolls on the table weren't opened up yet, and they wern't, so I bought the $100 she had, All skunks, but who would even return unopened rolls? Oh well, less competition for me ha ha. HH, Maverick.

Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank told me a similar story.

Some dude orders a box of halves. Find one silver coin - returns the coins, unrolled, and asks for 499.5. They begrudgingly took it.

The tellers were venting to me, and i was smiling, nodding, saying how rude that was.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CoinFetcher said:
My bank told me a similar story.

Some dude orders a box of halves. Find one silver coin - returns the coins, unrolled, and asks for 499.5. They begrudgingly took it.

The tellers were venting to me, and i was smiling, nodding, saying how rude that was.

That's re-tarded

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
thats what apparently coin rollers do, probably why i cant find too many banks willing to order me halves and if they do they make me keep a promise i wont bring them back...

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Whenever I dump at at my main dump bank I hear stories of a CRH before me. "He use to bring in more than you do." "He used break the counter every time." "He used to track his dumps. After a few months he started to get them back." I think that's why he stopped. It just means less competition for me.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good one, must not have had motivation from the start!
hh
buff

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a bad idea to go threw 3/4 of a box and assume its a skunk, and not finish. Not to long ago i made a post about a half dollar box that was a skunk except 1 roll that had lombardos CRH mark as an ender but when i opened it i pulled 6 AU condition 1964s , and a 1956 franklin. 7 90% from 1 roll. Open every roll! Also how many times do you get a box and in the first 10 rolls pull 6 or so silvers then nada from the rest of the box. Most of my boxes are this way.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I my self have had several boxes where one of the last 2 rolls had silver in them and was the only silver in the box. HH, Maverick.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a bad idea to go threw 3/4 of a box and assume its a skunk, and not finish. Not to long ago i made a post about a half dollar box that was a skunk except 1 roll that had lombardos CRH mark as an ender but when i opened it i pulled 6 AU condition 1964s , and a 1956 franklin. 7 90% from 1 roll. Open every roll! Also how many times do you get a box and in the first 10 rolls pull 6 or so silvers then nada from the rest of the box. Most of my boxes are this way.

Yup my last box has a 40% in the second to last roll. I already had two 90% and a 40% and had been thinking "surely statistically alone nothing can be in those". :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread