And I thought getting poached was bad...

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Stopped to pick up some boxes of halves today and had a little surprise...seems I got poached last week. My Dad passed away last week so I took the week off to deal with it. Today I go to pick up my boxes at one of my sources and am told by the vault teller that one, he is no longer the vault teller and two another teller gave out my halves last week. To put a cherry on the pie of this crappy situation it seems the a**hole who got my four boxes had the nerve to re-wrap all the coins in the fed rolls and then return them to the same bank in the boxes. They are pissed off and will no longer order boxes. I can deal with the poaching but to be an a**hole like this just sucks...seems they may make it a system wide rule for this area stopping all box orders because of this f***head.

This CRH has been dumping coins all over the state in the fed rolls and they are pissed off because they know that they are paying on both ends. If you've been dumping your halves in fed wrappers you may want to watch it as it only confirms where they came from and gives the banks another reason to discourage CRH.

Maine_Jim

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Sorry to hear about your dad. Take some time to deal with that situation. My dad passed away 2 years ago and it is still tough to deal with.

As far as your poacher goes, there will be more boxes for you someplace else hopefully. As more people get into CRHing, there are naturally gonna be more a$$hats that become CRHers and ruin it for the rest of us.

Try to focus on your family now though.

Good luck to you.

Jim

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
I agree, if you can't dump into a machine or in bags then you either need to re-wrap in regular wrappers or quit CRH.

I hate it when I go into a bank and buy several rolls of halves and end up getting the opened Fed wrappers. I'm sure the banks don't like getting customer wrapped rolls either but at least it isn't so obvious where they came from.

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
Sorry to hear about your situation on all levels. Hope the silver gods rain some nice coins for you.
HH,
Frank

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps the karma gods will look in on this and do the right thing to the fellow CRH in the area who didn't know one of the golden rules of CRH...not to **** in your own yard :tard:

Maine_Jim

mysterio

Apr 12, 2006
Sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost mine last year. Thoughts and prayers with you.

Regarding the coins, see my rant from a week ago...same theory...guy can't order boxes then return them to the same bank without expecting to get fed some crap.

I feel your pain...I had a bank supplying me with $1K bags per week no problem- now, no more b/c someone was buying and dumping right back...easy come-easy go.

Take care!

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey Mysterio - I remember your thread a while back. It does seem that more and more people are jumping into the CRH game. Can't blame them for going for the AU but I wish they would think before acting. I suppose they could have been out to sabotage my CRH tactics or maybe just plain ignorance on their part...When I started about a year ago it seemed like I was alone in the area now I'm guessing that including myself there are at least a half dozen CRH monsters here. I'm leaning towards taking an extended break on ordering as I believe I've seen every half dollar in the area as I've searched over 400 boxes...and have finally made it to my own dumps :o

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
no - well maybe gold plated! Just a saying - :D

Maine_Jim

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Maine_Jim;
I am very sorry for your loss. Life is very different after losing your folks. Appreciate the wealth that you already possess in family and friends, and invest heavily in the time that you spend with them.
- Grizz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread