And I thought.........lg cent update

M

mchamby

And I thought finding those Indians was great, well I was beside myself today. Here is some of the junk I dug

I went back to the site July 27 inbetween thunderstorms when the humidity was less. I found lots more pcs of old tin roofing, several clad pennies, two wheaties. I also found out that the two stars (right side of pic) are from a sign on the house. Anyway the sign is about 60 years old and the stars are all around it, 5 are missing on one side. I also found lots of broken pottery and glass next to the church but will not be able to dig the area. It was a fun site.
Mchamby

Attachments

• junk.JPG
    junk.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 769
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mchamby

Re: And I thought

I'm playing Jeff tonight, showing you the so so stuff and then saving the big one for the finalee. It might be my only big find so I can't help myself. ;D :D ;D ;) :)
And here are some of the interesting finds. buttone that says rich gold colour on back with some olive branches, and Best American clothing company with a star in the middle.

Attachments

• star1.JPG
    star1.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 711
  • buttongold.JPG
    buttongold.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 752
OP
OP
M

mchamby

And then there was a few coins.

Attachments

• change.JPG
    change.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 724
  • change2.JPG
    change2.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 734
OP
OP
M

mchamby

And then, Oh please drum roll.............................................this beauty. She was stuff between the roots of a big maple tree. ;D :D ;) :)
Mchamby

Attachments

• cent.JPG
    cent.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 708

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW, Your Right !

That is in Excellent Shape.
That may grade VF-20
how about The Reverse ?

A BIG Congrats on the BIG Penny ;)

Jeff

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

O......M........G!!! That is freakin BEAUTIFUL!!! WTG Maria!!! That looks like it is in awesome condition, what a great, great find! This is definitely the post of day!!! Congrats to you Maria! ;D ;D ;D

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats not junk! Thats Treasure!!!!!!!!!! I do like the stars....Are they copper?

OP
OP
M

mchamby

thanks AP and Jeff for the help, I did dunk it in peroxide for 10 min and I think it didn't hurt it any. Can anyone tell me anything about the two buttons?? I think the stars are brass maybe, not iron because there so no rust on them at all and they were at about 4 inches deep.
Sorry about tooting my horn but I was so excited I had to come right home when I found it. I did the spit thing so I could tell what it was and that was it, packed it up and home I came so I could clean it off and really see what I had. I will go back in a few days I hope, we are having thunder storms for the next 3 days they say. That will give me time to rest up from all this excitement. I hope everyone gets to feel excitement over a find of theirs just like I did today. HH
Mchamby :)

OP
OP
M

mchamby

Here is what the back looks like Jeff, I think it is in better shape than the front, it is just so dark that it's hard to get good pic of it.
Mchamby

Attachments

• centback2.JPG
    centback2.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 637
  • centback.JPG
    centback.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 633

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

I nominate Maria Treasure Queen of the month!!! I keep hearing how the girls will beat the boys, well I guess its true! I hope someone here can look up the value of this coin for you, Im a little curious.............& very happy for you Maria! ;D

OP
OP
M

mchamby

thanks AP, I guess finding that four leaf clover token yesterday was good luck for me. I should have bought a megabucks ticket. :D. I take find of the day, I don't know if I want to go around being a queen, I'm really not that kind of girl. ;D
Mchamby

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am really, really, envious, You Yankees have all the good early coins up there, I demand that coin as reparation for the damage to our beloved south during the great war..

;D ;D ;D ;D
DG

OP
OP
M

mchamby

We are very luck to have such history and I don't usually get to hunt these places because people don't want there yards messed with but I lucked out this time and hopefully other people will see that I didn't ruin the yard and they will give me a call. I gave the lady my card so hopefully she will have some friends that will let me detect also.
I hope you find a treasure also dg39
Mchamby

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is a Little Improvement.
My Guess It's an Easy $80.00 Coin.
190 years is a long time ;D

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 583
  • zzzz.jpg
    zzzz.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 576
R

realmhunter

WOW!! what a exciting find! It is rare to find one..let alone in that condition..Congrats..Keep hunting..RH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread