And I thought.........lg cent update

M

mchamby

And I thought finding those Indians was great, well I was beside myself today. Here is some of the junk I dug

I went back to the site July 27 inbetween thunderstorms when the humidity was less. I found lots more pcs of old tin roofing, several clad pennies, two wheaties. I also found out that the two stars (right side of pic) are from a sign on the house. Anyway the sign is about 60 years old and the stars are all around it, 5 are missing on one side. I also found lots of broken pottery and glass next to the church but will not be able to dig the area. It was a fun site.
Mchamby

Attachments

• junk.JPG
    junk.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 769
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mchamby

Re: And I thought.........lg cent

thanks everyone, Pgill, I think it is in great shape because it was lodged between tree roots. The tree was a big ole maple that you can't put your arms around, because it was near roots it didn't have wear from people walking over it I guess.
Mchamby

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
Re: And I thought.........lg cent

mchamby said:
thanks everyone, Pgill, I think it is in great shape because it was lodged between tree roots. The tree was a big ole maple that you can't put your arms around, because it was near roots it didn't have wear from people walking over it I guess.
Mchamby
that is one nice coin :o all the large cents i have found, about four have been holed or no date. what a find :)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
please take this with a light hearted chuckle did you need to turn the O2 up a little....cause ill tell you one thing if id found that they'd have to call the meds and get the crash cart and defib. pads!!!!
KICK ASS

OP
OP
M

mchamby

dekalb33 said:
please take this with a light hearted chuckle did you need to turn the O2 up a little....cause ill tell you one thing if id found that they'd have to call the meds and get the crash cart and defib. pads!!!!
KICK ASS
thankfully it wasn't that kind of a feeling I got, but i'm sure my heart did race a little and I puffed a little faster. It was exciting.
I haven't found all the different types of coins that have been minted so I need a little more time to detect. If my number is being called they are going to have to come looking for me because I'll be out mding and I won't go willingly. :D ;)
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread