and than came this

djkam

Feb 27, 2007
friesland netherlands europe
Detector(s) used
garrett gtax750
last weekend i went to a path i had searched before with the knight and found really nothing except a broken rat-trap, now i found this: its the upper part of a spoon or a fork, and believe it, it's massive gold , now i have to go back and try to find the other half, at th finding place the path was filled up with junk and debris but my garrett found it anyway (guess i'm becoming a real fan of this detector).

add-on: i checked the reading with my own wedding ring and i had it acid-checked by the local jewelry, it came out of the soil almost black, i"ve made a small cut in it at the broken end and beneath the pink/brown it is shiny and stays shiny even after the acid at that place was added, so guess the marks on my wedding ring arent true?

Attachments

• veenwoudenpypke_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    veenwoudenpypke_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 710
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The handle is gold?

HH
-GC

Dunky

Feb 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter LandStar
It has the look of part of a shoe horn to me.....but it's hard to tell from a photo. How do you know it's gold? Pretty awesome if it is.....congratulations! ;D

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
Nice spoon handle. looks to me like pewter pewter will read low like gold Either way I would go back spoon handles like that come from older sites might just be a large cent laying around there somewhere. HH

Tim

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Unless something's wrong with the color settings on the camera used to take the photo I don't think you found part of a gold spoon.

Attachments

• Gold Spoon Handle.jpg
    Gold Spoon Handle.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 639

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sure does not look like gold especially with the pitting of the metal. If you are seeing any gold it may have been gold plated at one time but unfortunately I don't think it is Gold. Hope I'm wrong. Good luck.

NJ

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold doesnt degrade copper bronze maybe :-\

partenr

Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Washington State
Detector(s) used
White's Classic II
Holy jumping junipers, Ant! Are you trying to get the whole darn world into 'tectin! Nice Gold!

Yeah that handle is suspicious, but cool, and maybe it's a relic of some sort that is even more valuable!!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Looks like a brass/copper Spoon Handle that's been seen some corrosive cleaning.

partenr - Um, I just checked out your site (linked below your post). I just want to say... I'll be ordering - Christmas in comin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread