i found a bullit

djkam

Feb 27, 2007
friesland netherlands europe
Detector(s) used
garrett gtax750
to be honest, i found this one with my previous detector, a black knight (value for money) it quit the job after 3 months, the second digital knight lasted 2 month's, then i went to garrett, my own front yard has produced approx. 19 coins with the garrett and 4 with the knight i will post the best finds in time.
anyway this bullit diameter about 10 centimeters was lying about 5 cm's in the mud of an ancient footpath near kollumerzwaag/netherlands and dated 15th century, as you can see its a used one! i wonder what it has hit! as far as i know between 1500 and 1600 there must have been a fight between troups of the oranje's (yes, the dutch royal family) and the troops from spain, in that time posessing mutch of holland.
so in all i think its not much of value but a very rare find in these region.

Attachments

• kollumerzwaagtsjerkepaed_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    kollumerzwaagtsjerkepaed_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 441
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a cannon ball, very nice find! Would be nice to trace back when it was. I found one from a battle fought 15 September 1704, was a big thrill to find. HH, Mike

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cannon ball. Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread