🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is it with this relentless need for people to bring their dogs into public parks and let them piss and crap all over the place? Why can't these people have their dogs do their business on their own lawns? People complain about us metal detecting, and disturbing the grass, and blah blah blah. What's wrong with people nowadays? I literally saw a man let his dog make a sloppy poo in the middle of a park yesterday(he did pick up as much as he could) not 20 feet from were a young couple had their children playing. Not counting the poo that wasn't picked up by others. Do they not realize how vile and disgusting this is, let alone harmful. Just me? Or am I the crazy one?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is it with this relentless need for people to bring their dogs into public parks and let them piss and crap all over the place? Why can't these people have their dogs do their business on their own lawns? People complain about us metal detecting, and disturbing the grass, and blah blah blah. What's wrong with people nowadays? I literally saw a man let his dog make a sloppy poo in the middle of a park yesterday(he did pick up as much as he could) not 20 feet from were a young couple had their children playing. Not counting the poo that wasn't picked up by others. Do they not realize how vile and disgusting this is, let alone harmful. Just me? Or am I the crazy one?

Now Mike I admit I live in a TOTALLY different environment then you. In fact it's the total opposite. I live in THE COUNTRY, high on a wooded ridge top and NOBODY around. And we have 7 dogs with 100's of acres of wooded land around us. Now with all this said... we can't control when our dogs have to "do their business", (all outside) but if the guy did his best to "clean it up" what more could you ask for? A person can't control when or where their dog has to have a bowl movement anymore then their diapered child. Their was MANY times when I had a shopping cart or two filled with grocery's and saw one of my children making the "funny face" and then smile at me in the middle of the Kroger. Your not crazy.... but when your in a "close" environment with many people and dogs are introduced... IT WILL HAPPEN.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You definitely are NOT the crazy one! People who have pets have PETA to back them.

I'm out detecting a lot of times people let their dogs off the leash in an area clearly marked "NO DOGS" and don't pick up after them. The dogs come charging up to me, barking, because I'm standing on property the dog clearly thinks he owns! The owner is yelling he won't bite! I'm thinking "Does "he" know he won't bite?" because his hackles are raised and he's showing teeth! So I have to stand there nice and calm till the owner comes over and retrieves her beloved ball of fur with teeth! But tell me, if I bit the dog what would happen to me? I'd be in serious trouble! Not that I would...haven't had my rabies shots!
Most dogs are friendly just want to check you out see if you'll pet them.

Ya I think the general public looks on us when "armed" with a detector as lowest of the low, I'm still trying to figure out why? What is it about the detector that scares the stuffings out of the general public, you don't even have to dig, just walk thru a park in possession of one, you'd think we had horns, and snorting steam!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Mr-mikejackie, do you think for a minute that dog poops in the park (when not picked up) is "legal" ? I'm sure there's a municipal code there in your city parks that require people to pick up after their dog. And if it's not specifically spelled out that way, then at least littering or something else will apply.

But do you know the big difference between that dog walker, and metal detectorists? Here it is: We metal detetectorist (a bunch of us anyhow), keep going into city halls asking : "Hi, can I metal detect in the park ?". But those dog walkers HAVE NOT gone to city hall asking: " Hi can I please leave my dog's poop in the park ?" Because if they did, they'd get a "no". And then they too could start forums lamenting the loss of their freedoms to let their dogs poop in parks.

Moral of the story? Just as those dog walkers don't ask silly questions, so too do I not ask silly questions of bored city desk-bound people. If I know I'll leave no trace, that's good enough for me.

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
Last time I was at the outer banks, I saw a woman walking with her dog on the beach without a leash and the dog took a dump about 20 feet out in front of me and you know what she did...she used her foot to push sand up on top of it to cover it up and kept walking. after the initial shock it really didn't phase me...almost nothing people do anymore phases me because nothing they do really surprises me anymore. I could have said something but she would have probably cussed me out for saying anything and then when the next moron comes by his dog would probably piss on somebody's cooler. So what's the use, I'm done trying to talk or reason with people.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mr-mikejackie, do you think for a minute that dog poops in the park (when not picked up) is "legal" ? I'm sure there's a municipal code there in your city parks that require people to pick up after their dog. And if it's not specifically spelled out that way, then at least littering or something else will apply.

But do you know the big difference between that dog walker, and metal detectorists? Here it is: We metal detetectorist (a bunch of us anyhow), keep going into city halls asking : "Hi, can I metal detect in the park ?". But those dog walkers HAVE NOT gone to city hall asking: " Hi can I please leave my dog's poop in the park ?" Because if they did, they'd get a "no". And then they too could start forums lamenting the loss of their freedoms to let their dogs poop in parks.

Moral of the story? Just as those dog walkers don't ask silly questions, so too do I not ask silly questions of bored city desk-bound people. If I know I'll leave no trace, that's good enough for me.
C'mon now Tom, we've had this discussion before. That's a different topic. What I'm talking about is the audacity some people have to let their animals urinate and defecate on property where children and other people congregate on a daily basis, and then turn to us like we are the abnormal type. Regardless of wether they pick it up or not it shouldn't be done in the first place.It's vile, disgusting, and unhealthy. Its something you would see in a third world nation and these people don't get it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now Mike I admit I live in a TOTALLY different environment then you. In fact it's the total opposite. I live in THE COUNTRY, high on a wooded ridge top and NOBODY around. And we have 7 dogs with 100's of acres of wooded land around us. Now with all this said... we can't control when our dogs have to "do their business", (all outside) but if the guy did his best to "clean it up" what more could you ask for? A person can't control when or where their dog has to have a bowl movement anymore then their diapered child. Their was MANY times when I had a shopping cart or two filled with grocery's and saw one of my children making the "funny face" and then smile at me in the middle of the Kroger. Your not crazy.... but when your in a "close" environment with many people and dogs are introduced... IT WILL HAPPEN.
I get it buddy, trust me. Totally different situations. People forget that in an urban environment you live with other people. You share spaces. Having to meander my coil around gobs of poop is uncalled for. But that's the mentality nowadays, they see nothing wrong with it.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
man I just got done typing this in another thread so I will copy it here.untill we can order bad dog burritos at taco bell its not gonna end.

eat bad dogs..we..the proud yeti people always have.you all can thank us for speeding up the darwin deal.I once had a pretty agressive sheppard come at me....bang with my shovel.problem solved thot I.then some hippy chick comes at me for defending myself...she was actually trying to hit me.For the first time in my life there was a cop when you needed one and arrested her.animal controll took the dang dog.
I know I'm not your average kinda guy...but I could not stop laughing at the crazy b****...and yes I pressed charges.dog was fine...scared as heck of me...but fine.

I love dogs...have two at home...but an arse dog is only good with lemon pepper...and charcoal people....not propane

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
am I the only one who misses the good old days when a creature could pooty-poo anywhere and it was fine?
geesh people it IS a natural process!
I saw some deer and raccoon poop on my property today. Am I looking for their owners to pick it up?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
am I the only one who misses the good old days when a creature could pooty-poo anywhere and it was fine?
I saw some deer and raccoon poop on my property today. Am I looking for their owners to pick it up?

Yes, Jeff, you are the only one. But if you are really missing the good old days, I will invite you over and you can walk barefoot down the turd path where my yard borders the street. There is some apparently humongous and well fed dog or dogs that enjoy their freedom in my yard.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the good old days people understood creatures are creatures vs pets are pets and our responsibility. Don't confuse the two. In the good old days you wouldn't dare let your dog shat on your neighbors lawn. You knew what would happen. Dogs are trained to do as we see fit. People purposely walk them on public property at certain times of the day to unload away from their homes. If it was a simple natural process as you say, then those people should let their dogs let loose in the back yard.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, Jeff, you are the only one. But if you are really missing the good old days, I will invite you over and you can walk barefoot down the turd path where my yard borders the street. There is some apparently humongous and well fed dog or dogs that enjoy their freedom in my yard.
Hah!! Thanks for the laugh, that's awesome.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You better go yell at god yo. Tell him to clean that mess up!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I will invite you over and you can walk barefoot down the turd path where my yard borders the street. There is some apparently humongous and well fed dog or dogs that enjoy their freedom in my yard.

Get yourself a full auto paintball gun,i guarantee it wont happen again:laughing7:

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me preach for a bit. OK so you guys are mad about dogs pooping in parks yards ect.? Or are you mad about the people not cleaning it up? If you're mad about dogs pooping in public places you are ignorant. I also know for a fact you have never walked a dog. A dog will go when a dog has to go. It could have gone 20 minutes ago but it has to again. Now if you're complaining about people not picking it up yea that's understandable.

PETA backing up animal owners? City rules are city rules PETA can have as many rallies or protests as they please the city will probably not budge. I mean PETA is more for abuse and slaughtering. Even though PETA stands for (people eating tasty animals)

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If the dog is on a leash and the owner picks up the poop, I see no problem.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
It's a problem here in town. Not only are the dogs often allowed to run around off-leash in parks (illegal) and the owners generally don't pick up after them (illegal, and in spite of the trash receptacles, gloves, and bags provided free of charge for this purpose), but it's not uncommon to find such surprises on one's front lawn due to people walking their dogs up and down the streets.

Some folks don't have a problem with this, and believe it or not, I understand. I'm not one of those folks however. I own that park, and I own my lawn. I don't want dog crap on either of them, and I don't believe that I'm being unreasonable in insisting that such individuals comply with the law. I suspect that most people would have a problem with me taking a crap on their lawns, in spite of it being a "natural process." (The one dog-walker that I caught letting his dog do its thing on my lawn certainly seemed to take issue with this suggestion.) I suppose that it's potentially a health issue, sure, but more importantly it's a matter of respecting the rights of others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread