And yet again, I tortured myself...100lbs

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I have been out in the woods every evening after work this past week. These are my heaviest finds. The log chain weighs 46 lbs and 11 feet long.. It is not my longest but is my heaviest chain so far. When I hauled it out of the woods it was 70 lbs as it was packed with wet dirt. The pulley is from a Barnhart log loader. There was three of these pulleys on the front of the loader and a chain was wrapped around to move the cab from side to side to pick up logs from the landings. This pulley weighs 56 lbs. I found two of these and brought one out. I will go after the other at a later date

Attachments

• iron.JPG
    iron.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,128
  • wheel.JPG
    wheel.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,137
Upvote 0

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
shaun7 said:
what is that :icon_scratch:

looks like it weighs a ton :o

It's a small blacksmithing forge, Shaun. Coals go in the top, turning the wheel turns a small blower that pumps air up into coals from beneath to get 'em really hot.
(I've got my great-grandpa's - still works)

Diggem'

C

coloradocav

lumbercamp said:
I have been out in the woods every evening after work this past week. These are my heaviest finds. The log chain weighs 46 lbs and 11 feet long.. It is not my longest but is my heaviest chain so far. When I hauled it out of the woods it was 70 lbs as it was packed with wet dirt. The pulley is from a Barnhart log loader. There was three of these pulleys on the front of the loader and a chain was wrapped around to move the cab from side to side to pick up logs from the landings. This pulley weighs 56 lbs. I found two of these and brought one out. I will go after the other at a later date
nice finds, I hunt old sawmills in the Colorado mountains myself. once packed out two gigantic axe heads and 6 regular axe heads, thought my back was going to break.

rubberdiver13

Dec 19, 2008
worcestershire
Detector(s) used
excalibur 1000, c-scope,laser b2
i know how they feel, found one stlll attached to the anchor last year...it was a killer on the lift bag at the surface....well done on the effort...nice find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread