Angus mackirk forman sluice

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know the opening size(where the water enters the sluice) on the angus mackirk forman sluice from inside to inside of the plastic not the outside of it and would like to know how far down it narrows before it flares back out. I'm looking at adding it on to my power sluice. Thanks for any info

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Send a note to the company with your questions and ideas...they will probably have good info and advice.

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought someone might have one handy as I called right before the post and he said they didn't have any in house right now and was going to run more Wednesday, but I ordered one today anyway just hoping its the size I think it is at the opening.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wingmaster, I like and understand your 'hoping' it will fit, been there before myself. Most anything can be modified up or down in size with a little tinkering and thinking so that the change is not permanent so the sluice can be used on its own if you choose later on. Have fun and best of success with your 'new system'..........................63bkpkr

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that's the main reason I'm getting it as my keene has the header box mounted on it so I can't use it without taking the pump and everything that goes with it like all the hoses ect. I'll just lay the angus forman in a stand that I can take it right out and if I don't want to use the power sluice I'll just take the forman I got a new spot that I would like to explore a little without dragging all the power sluice upstream and I'll be able to process more material through the forman than my grub steak, so if it don't work out like I want I still have another sluice but I don't have a lot of money to spend so I'm hoping I won't have to buy another for a while.
wingmaster, I like and understand your 'hoping' it will fit, been there before myself. Most anything can be modified up or down in size with a little tinkering and thinking so that the change is not permanent so the sluice can be used on its own if you choose later on. Have fun and best of success with your 'new system'..........................63bkpkr

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like adding the Foreman will give you a really nice range of options to fit to any field conditions :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread