Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit my favorite park last night and on the side of a hill under some pine trees I dug what i believe to be a German coin. It says Pfenning Deutsches Reich 1913. This park is in central NY and I found several foreign coins from all over like the UK, Korea, Canada Cyprus, And now Germany. All the coins were found in different parts of the park and range in years from 1913 to 1996. This park where i found these coins was farm until the late 1920s when the family donated the house and land for a library and park. There is no playground there and sports and dogs are not allowed. The park sign says the land was donated for a nice quiet place to sit and read. So given the parks history im surprised to find all the foreign coins. Dont get me wrong i love finding them just surprised. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 307
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 295
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 290
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find, even tho it's a little bit beat up. Mineralized ground will do it.
Interesting about the park, and the dates you gave. Must have been lost shortly after the park opened.
Keep digging, and posting. Some good stuff still there. (By the way, have you found where the old homestead was? Might be some interesting stuff under the trees that served as shade for the old house.)

M

michigan michael

That is an awesome recovery! :icon_thumleft: A 1913 German coin found in NY? That is a great historic item. That dates one year prior to WWI. Theres something to think about. :sign13:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
picture someone sitting down under a tree or against a rock to read a book. Or even sitting on a blanket in the sun. The knees go up or the ankles get crossed and the coins roll out of their pockets. Very easy to picture someone losing coins at that point.

That's a nice looking coin, I hope it cleans well for you. :thumbsup:

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, I have a few Reich Marks, they look quite simular.

Indyfan73

Nov 5, 2008
INDIANAPOLIS
Detector(s) used
white's to many to list
very coolfind i love finding old odd forgen coins in parks makes them more intersting and makes me wonder where the coin has been??? :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread