another coin pocket

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was in Austria last two weeks for work. Would I like to detect some areas I saw there. Landed at 1pm Friday from a non stop 12hr flt from Frankfurt. What is a person to do with no sleep and jet lag setting in. Go the beach and detect of course. Wife was stranded in NYC due to snow so no valentines day plans. Blew through customs and made it for the negative tide. Wit the swell report of 1ft waves knew conditions would be dismal. Went to one of my local beaches. At one end the black sand can be a foot thick. play with the pulse delay settings and was able to pull some quarters and nickels out of the area but no gold. Back to exploring the main slope. very few targets to dig. Then find a couple targets near each other This beach I have named dime alley. Always find some. Friday produced another coin patch for me. Around a month ago found 70 dimes and 80 pennies in a small area. Yesterday was another coin fest. In an area around 20ft by 30 ft produced over 120 coins. Almost no junk which was nice. Some right on the surface. Nothing more than 4" deep. Was perfect near the water. Could scoop up 2-3 targets place scoop in the next wave to wash away sand and coins left in the scoop. Got 45 dimes 70 pennies with 5-10 nickels and quarters too. only one corroded zinclon. All fresh zincs or copper pennies. Got a couple euro cents, a 20 cent hong kong coin and a well worn 1960 penny from India. Have now found coins from 15 different countries. No gold or silver but 139 coins. was fun digging lots of targets and good way to welcome me back to the states. Broke $170 for the year in clad this morning.
This morning no beach but was wide awake at 5:30am so explored some parks Got 70 coins. Most from one park that hasn't been hit in a while lots of targets less than 1-2" get target use pinpointer and pop out with probe while many just below the grass. got my first susan B from a park. So a good couple of days. Beach conditions dismal but may go back down today just to go. photos are from beach yesterday and parks this morning.

Attachments

• finds 2-14.jpg
    finds 2-14.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 313
  • finds park 2-15.jpg
    finds park 2-15.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today slower only 30 coins but got a good condition 1955 wheat penny then a 1941 wheat that is so worn can barely read it.

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! A lot of work there! Good job! Ray

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011