Another CW Hut dig Sunday

Fredneck

May 7, 2005
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, ORX, White's XLT, AT Gold for Fresh Water
Hello Peeps,
Not many tree's have fallen at the camp in the past few days so I'm back to hunting for trash pits and huts. Luck was good Sunday, after 30 mins of hunting , I scratched into a hut. I found a Union Staff Officers button, an Eagle Infantry button, a Large Cent, a flowered necklace charm, a pewter barrel tap, and some dropped bullets. I'll have to rough it a bit.....2 straight days of rain and no sun in sight and I really got the Diggin Bug lately. I bet in the last month I probably have at least 60 hours of digging time between evenings and weekends. Just trying to get in some good digging before the trifling HEAT and HUMIDITY arrives

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 299
  • sample 1.jpg
    sample 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 288

RockyDig

May 9, 2005
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, GPX4500, AT Pro, F75 LTD, DFX, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds!!! I too have the digging bug BAD this year for some reason. I've been going in the rain and all hours of the night. Must be something in the air....or all the construction around Winchester. If you need any help digging metal out of the ground let me know, I'm in VA too.

Keep posting those pics ;D

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Tho's are some outstanding digs.Would love to have a site like that to hunt.HH

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska
oh! wow now your doing good,and making me jealous hahahaha.!That small square buckle looks identicle to a colonial buckle I found in Centreville.
Between you and Rocky ya'll should tear it up in Winchester,I hunted some spots up there years ago and dug a bunch of Burnsides etc...Did hunt one overgrown field by a big store,cant tell cause thats not my spot,but dang them minies are freaking deeeeeeeep! just barley audible,sure wish that was cut down.Then on the north side of town in the industrial spot we found a pile of dirt being moved in and found some dropped .69's there we stayed there for two hours waiting on the truck or whoever to come back so we could find out where they got the dirt.Never did find out :( ANyhow your doing good on the relics.

OP
OP
Fredneck

Fredneck

May 7, 2005
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, ORX, White's XLT, AT Gold for Fresh Water
Thanks guys and may the Relic Gods be with you on your digs ;)

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread