Another day at the Antietam Fields....and a first(x2)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another day at the Antietam Field's....and a first(x2)

I wasn't even going to go out today,It's been a pretty hectic week with my Dad still hospitalized.He's doing better after the surgery though.Some of plowed field's I hit last week were already planted so I figured they all were.That wasn't the case....I was about to call it a day and noticed the front field was still being worked.Stopped in for the last hour of the day and pulled not one but two "pulled" minie's, a .58 and a .54.I found an Enfield,a .52 Sharp's,a dropped .58,a .31 pistol bullet,a .69 roundball,8 "buck's",a percussion cap and a flat button(14.8mm) with the backmark "london treble gilt".All in all a pretty good day considering 3/4's of the plowed field's were put to bed until next spring.Thank's for looking and HH!!

Attachments

• P3290001.JPG
    P3290001.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 702
  • P3290006.JPG
    P3290006.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 703
  • P3290010.JPG
    P3290010.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 700
  • P3290012.JPG
    P3290012.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 695
  • P3290018.JPG
    P3290018.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 692
  • P3290015.JPG
    P3290015.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 690
Upvote 0
Re: Another day at the Antietam Field's....and a first(x2)

First off I hope your dad gets well soon. Second I bet your glad you decided to stop and detect WoW what an assortment.

Some Great Lead there Sir. The flat button are always rewarding too I think. WTG :thumbsup:

FANTASTIC finds, Joe!!!
Nobody has to tell you to "get the lead out". LOL
Hey, did you check that lead for stars?

Civil,
Congrats on some nice lead!!! I'm drooling over that first picture. Beautiful old country scene. :thumbsup:
Hope your father gets well soon.
-MM-

All I can say is Wow!!! I sure would love to have a place like that to hunt. I love relic hunting, looks like you got a really nice site.

Thanks for posting those great pictures.

Hope your dad is doing much better.

HH, Ringfinder

P.S. If you need a hunting partner, I'd be glad to drive over and help you out. LOL

Wishing you and your family the best. It amazes me how you know the difference between one bullet and another. Totally cool finds!

Great lot of finds!!!! :thumbsup:

Great job Civil. That looks like a great place to hunt. Looks like you'll have to get creative to find more spots to detect with all the fields being planted and all. I have yet to find a recognizable CW bullet. I've found some large fired lead with the white patina but nothing I could positively say was from the CW. My day's coming I can feel it. :D

congrats on the nice finds.......like the pulled the most.

keep diggin,
randall

Excellent digs!

HH

Cool finds Civilman :thumbsup: !!!

Good that your Dads doing ok !!

HH ~ ! ~

Derek :icon_king:

Thank You everyone for the kind word's and wishe's for my Dad,it mean's a lot....Great People hereThank's again.Best of Luck to you All....

john37115 said:
Great job Civil. That looks like a great place to hunt. Looks like you'll have to get creative to find more spots to detect with all the fields being planted and all. I have yet to find a recognizable CW bullet. I've found some large fired lead with the white patina but nothing I could positively say was from the CW. My day's coming I can feel it. :D
Thank's John....Out of the three farm's I have to hunt there's enough grass field's to keep me busy and when they get too high there's alway's The Briar's :D From the find's you and Kirk pull in I can see some CW lead coming very soon,I'll even bet you have some already.

That first photo could be a poster or a jigsaw puzzle.
You got the eye for both the treasure and the sights.

GREAT LOOKNIG RELICS , LOVE THE 3 RINGERS..........PACO

nice pics and excellent finds ! congrats :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back