Another day at the Army Depot

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I let my son pick the spots lately and he has decided we should "clean" up the old army base housing lots. Not complaining since we always at least find a pocket full of wheat pennies; I said sure. (Any time I get out to swing is my therapy from work.Besides, he needs the practice for our summer trip to Mass)

In the first 5 minutes we each had a wheat penny. Nothing really old. Most of them are from the 40's. I did manage over 20 wheat pennies again. I think this puts my total for this area around 250 for a years work. No silver coins this time though. Did manage a 1918 and 1920-S this time out. Makes me sad though of how many 1943 Steel Pennies I'm sure we walk over...........Some of the lots are covered with the brass shell casings. Most have been blanks that were used for training. Makes it hard finding any gold rings. After digging the 100th shell casing ya kinda just keep moving on to the next target.

The son of course with his AT PRO keeps up doing well. Still learning his machine but he's learning fast. He found the 1926 Buffalo, 1940's Harrah's Token and a Mickey Mouse Silver Plated spoon. I did get the 25 dollar poker chip and silver rifleman's medal though. Kinda happy with that!!!!! The button is a Marines Button I think. That is odd for this area. I thought we would have found more military buttons than we do. Hope to hit some older places next weekend. Thanks for looking.....:hello:

unnamed.jpg unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (4).jpg

Upvote 9

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MICKEY MOUSE ,THAT IS FROM THE CREW IN THE WHITE HOUSE,VANZUTPHEN

Last edited:
OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! good stuff , what is the gold colored crossed rifle piece ? (looks military to me )

I'm thinking it was warn on the collar as part of a dress uniform. The base had close to 2000 service men back in the day. We have found sgt. and corp insignia's here as well. The big park and parade grounds are on the base itself. I can only imagine what we could have found there.........

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you had a Good time, like the Buff!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Basque-Man, The Harrah's pieces are collectibles in themselves. What, no toys this time? Sub 8-)

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We did manage a an old fuel truck die cast. I think the kids played smash up with it......:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread