May Was Good to Me

PA Sleuth

Nov 26, 2014
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E Trac, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I had the time to post after each hunt. As it stands now, I barely get out to hunt more than an hour or two every couple weeks. Nevertheless, my time in May was well spent. While these items were found at several different sites, they are all keepers in my eyes. For the coins, I found a 1936 Walker (Philly Mint), and a 1942 Mercury, which apparently met the lawnmower at some point in it's existence. I found the two pieces approximately five feet apart. The pieces rang up as an 11-38 on the E Trac. Then came the oldest coin I have ever found. If you research my last post, I titled it something like "Flirting with the 1800s" as I had found several coins from the early 1900s. Well, I guess you can say I am still flirting with the 1800s, as I found a 1797 Draped Bust Large Cent. It is extremely toasted as you can see, but under the right light, while wet, at the right angle, you can make out the Draped Bust silhouette. You can also make out 17_7 on the obverse.

May coins.JPG

As for the relics, two crusty pocket knives, an all metal shotgun shell (any gun enthusiasts wish to date?), a Revlon lipstick container, a 1952 Rabies vaccination tag, a pendant of the 10 commandments in Hebrew, two wounded toy soldiers, a lead toy car missing two wheels on the driver's side (inscribed PAIGE), and a key for Room 1404 for the Claridge Hotel in Atlantic City (inscribed "Please Drop in Any Mail Box Return Postage Guaranteed" - Do you think they want it back after all these years?)

May Relics.JPG

Upvote 5

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the 3 coins and the other items. :thumbsup: Don't know how you do it. I go through withdrawals if I don't get out at least 3 days a week. GL & HH

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG another Barlow knife seems a lot of them are popping up from time to time with our tnet diggers,vanzutphen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread