Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Shanegalang and I went out for a dig again, trying to make it to 20 Spanish Silvers for the year. We did get one step closer, but didn't make it and it looks like we won't at this point unless a miracle happens with the work schedules. It was a great hunt today, and detecting is always the Best therapy regardless of what is found or not found. It would be impossible to complain about such a great year of finds. I don't think I've dug this quantity AND quality ever in a single year, although there were some years back in the 90s that came close. At any rate, we got lots of flat buttons, musketballs, and the usual bits. I made a little video highlighting the better finds of the hunt:

Here are some photos of my good finds for the day. I'll get a photo of the rest up once I get it all cleaned and investigated.

US.JPG

HRobv.JPG

HRrev.JPG

The sunset was beautiful on the way home...

Sunset.JPG

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Last edited:
Upvote 9
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
19 BB!!! Boy ol boy, thats one heck of a mark. By the way, do you even need a detector? Findin buttons like that rite on the surface. lol. How you likin your F75, when you have to use it that is? Anyhow great hunt and vid and ready to see what the BANDITS have in store for 2013.. CONGRATS.. HH

I like the F75. I think the 1266 was an equally good machine, with the exception of target separation.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one great silver producing site you have there Buck, but that's what you can expect from an early tavern. You should be very proud of your outstanding accomplishments this year, especially with the 19 silvers. That's about what I dug during the 2011-12 season, but only have 2 so far this fall. Guess part of that is spending too much time in the pits ..... LOL! But I think I love digging those early bottle seals more than colonial silver if you can believe that. I'm really pumped up after digging those 2 new ones on Friday. Anyway, I know you hate to wipe the slate clean and start your count over in a couple of days, but I have a feeling you and your buddies will continue to stay hot in 2013. Happy New Year to you guys, and good luck in the cane fields ...... Bill

Bill, don't know if I told you this yet, but I am almost positive I've located the trash pit. It is vast, around 150 feet across from end to end. and not at all where one might expect it to be located. We are going to ask the farmer if we can dig it out after they plow. Cane is in the fields for three years at a time here (and I thought I had it bad when I lived up north waiting for harvest each fall...) Late spring would be a great time to dig and sift here, but the every day cycle of thunderstorms and a low water table across this whole part of the state means that any hole dug will flood once it is more than a foot or two deep. We will have to do the dig in the winter, after the plowing and razing and before the trash pit site is rowed up for the new cane.

Best Wishes,

Buck

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool finds.

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a way to end 2012! You've had a stellar year with all your finds, not to mention the magazine articles!! 2012 will be a year to be long remembered!!! Congrats on all the Spanish silver and other standouts that have graced this forum!!!!

IM

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill, don't know if I told you this yet, but I am almost positive I've located the trash pit. It is vast, around 150 feet across from end to end. and not at all where one might expect it to be located. We are going to ask the farmer if we can dig it out after they plow. Cane is in the fields for three years at a time here (and I thought I had it bad when I lived up north waiting for harvest each fall...) Late spring would be a great time to dig and sift here, but the every day cycle of thunderstorms and a low water table across this whole part of the state means that any hole dug will flood once it is more than a foot or two deep. We will have to do the dig in the winter, after the plowing and razing and before the trash pit site is rowed up for the new cane.

Best Wishes,

Buck

Sorry Buck but I just saw your reply. That's great that you've located the trash pit. Can you at least dig a few small test holes to confirm you're onto the right spot? Of course, if that pans out it'll just be that much more difficult of a wait before you can open it all up. In the meantime I guess you'll have to be satisfied with digging early silver ..... LOL! Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread