Another Dutch Hunter Crosses Over

Thomas969

Dec 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A private response prompts me to share what some of us may face in the future. Len’s wife did everything humanly possible for Len…and in some instances she did more than I would have thought possible. But Len and my mother suffered from something that I had no idea existed until my wife and I encountered it with my mother’s “care”—something that places an additional burden on those who become caregivers.

After the poor care and abuse my mother suffered in a couple of “care facilities” my wife and I went to an attorney. He explained that there was essentially nothing that could be done…you see at my mother’s age she no longer had sufficient monetary worth. Translation, her earning years were behind her, and with little future economic value there was little to be done…or that any attorney would do. There was simply not enough money involved. Since civil actions are about money under the circumstances of most elderly even if one won a lawsuit they would end up actually loosing.

Len had been retired for some time when his health went south. Thus, his “earning days were over”, his economic value was no longer sufficient….something that was probably not lost on his “medical professionals”. His wife ended up fighting multiple battles trying to get him the best care possible. Not a happy thought of looking down the road and seeing that after out earning years are over we become more vulnerable to abuse for which there is very little recourse, and if we become caregivers there is a good possibility that we may have to fight multiple battles to get the quality of care one would think our loved ones would get out of simple humanity. So be advised.....

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A private response prompts me to share what some of us may face in the future. Len’s wife did everything humanly possible for Len…and in some instances she did more than I would have thought possible. But Len and my mother suffered from something that I had no idea existed until my wife and I encountered it with my mother’s “care”—something that places an additional burden on those who become caregivers.

After the poor care and abuse my mother suffered in a couple of “care facilities” my wife and I went to an attorney. He explained that there was essentially nothing that could be done…you see at my mother’s age she no longer had sufficient monetary worth. Translation, her earning years were behind her, and with little future economic value there was little to be done…or that any attorney would do. There was simply not enough money involved. Since civil actions are about money under the circumstances of most elderly even if one won a lawsuit they would end up actually loosing.

Len had been retired for some time when his health went south. Thus, his “earning days were over”, his economic value no longer sufficient….something that was probably not lost on his “medical professionals”. His wife ended up fighting multiple battles trying to get him the best care possible. Not a happy thought of looking down the road and seeing that after out earning years are over we become more vulnerable to abuse for which there is very little recourse, and if we become caregivers there is a good possibility that we may have to fight multiple battles to get the quality of care one would think our loved ones would get out of simple humanity. So be advised.....

it's a disappointing and sad commentary on "humanity" to know that eventually we'll reach the age where we will no longer be considered productive members of society. The only way to truly get quality care is to have the financial means to afford it and for the vast majority of us we won't.

At the risk of having this post moved/deleted, the truth of the matter is that the majority of the people who make/are making health related policies that will affect the masses, will never have to face what most of us will have to face because they tend to be the ones with the financial means to afford the best care to the end.

It is indeed a scary thought, and a good reminder to all of us to value each day to it's fullest and do what you can do fulfill all your earthly dreams while you are able because you only get that one chance and you never know what moment will be the last.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I didn't know him, his name is synonymous with The Lost Dutchman Story. Doyle Harnish passed away on 9 June 2015 in Apache Junction. He was buried on 16 June 2015. A lot of people knew him around Apache Junction. Maybe someone that knew him could tell us a little about the man?

Mike

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Although I didn't know him, his name is synonymous with The Lost Dutchman Story. Doyle Harnish passed away on 9 June 2015 in Apache Junction. He was buried on 16 June 2015. A lot of people knew him around Apache Junction. Maybe someone that knew him could tell us a little about the man?

Mike

mike...my friend knew him well....i'll find out what i can about doyle next time i see my friend

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eeeeeeeexcellent! See what your friend knows about The Latin Heart. Based on what Jim Hatt said, Doyle was very close with the man that claims to have found the Latin Heart. I have Jim's Taped Interview with him where he tells the whole story.

Mike

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Eeeeeeeexcellent! See what your friend knows about The Latin Heart. Based on what Jim Hatt said, Doyle was very close with the man that claims to have found the Latin Heart. I have Jim's Taped Interview with him where he tells the whole story.

Mike

i'll see what i can find

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cuber, you posted ---- it's a disappointing and sad commentary on "humanity" to know that eventually we'll reach the age where we will no longer be considered productive members of society

Watchit who yer calling a non pruductive member of society
:laughing7::laughing7::occasion14:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Real de Tayopa, I know people half your age who act twice as old as you ! I only hope to be a fraction as productive as you are. :notworthy:

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike
so a guy passes away and people are jumping for joy and doing cartwheels in hopes of getting some new info???doesnt sound like this person cares anything about the man other than any info he can gain about the maps.. to any friends of doyle.s on tnet, i would like to apologize for any comments made by members that seem out of place/context concerning a friend-family member.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
i am the horse:

You are mighty quick to judge - and to take offense for someone else.

I hope my work lives on after I'm gone - although I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

Nobody's jumping for joy or turning cartwheels at the passing of a brother in the fraternity.

Good luck to all,

Fred

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
so a guy passes away and people are jumping for joy and doing cartwheels in hopes of getting some new info???doesnt sound like this person cares anything about the man other than any info he can gain about the maps.. to any friends of doyle.s on tnet, i would like to apologize for any comments made by members that seem out of place/context concerning a friend-family member.

thats all most of us have...our life's accomplishments..i dont think doyle would mind people being interested in what he worked all his life for....i'd say it would be far worse if nobody cared about you and your work after your gone....

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats all most of us have...our life's accomplishments..i dont think doyle would mind people being interested in what he worked all his life for....i'd say it would be far worse if nobody cared about you and your work after your gone....
hey whatever makes you sleep better at night.

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am the horse:

You are mighty quick to judge - and to take offense for someone else.

I hope my work lives on after I'm gone - although I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

Nobody's jumping for joy or turning cartwheels at the passing of a brother in the fraternity.

Good luck to all,

Fred

personally i can care less about your opinion and i am in no hurry to gain other peoples work. i make my own trail and follow my own path. my info will go with me. i personally am not worried about the next guy. if you cant come up with your own ideas, you will probably not be able to make it out of the supes on your own 2 feet. and yeah the eeeeeeeexcellent!!!! remark rubbed me the wrong way..nobody else thought it was a little out of context about a dutchhunters passing? i must be an oddball

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
personally i can care less about your opinion and i am in no hurry to gain other peoples work. i make my own trail and follow my own path. my info will go with me. i personally am not worried about the next guy. if you cant come up with your own ideas, you will probably not be able to make it out of the supes on your own 2 feet. and yeah the eeeeeeeexcellent!!!! remark rubbed me the wrong way..nobody else thought it was a little out of context about a dutchhunters passing? i must be an oddball

Well first of all this is a treasure hunting forum or you would not even be here.

Second they celebrate the life of and the common association of the people. See Cactus Jumpers original post about his Dad.

Thirdly this is not an obituary page.

And fourthly
if you want to follow your own trail as you say then you can just stay off this thread trying to start trouble.

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well first of all this is a treasure hunting forum or you would not even be here.

Second they celebrate the life of and the common association of the people. See Cactus Jumpers original post about his Dad.

Thirdly this is not an obituary page.

And fourthly
if you want to follow your own trail as you say then you can just stay off this thread trying to start trouble.

since when has a lost mine been considered treasure o great one? delete the whole ldm forum then.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Horse,

You know nothing about me. I don't know where you read anything about cartwheels. I don't care what you think about ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME one way or the other. Don't you apologize for me EVER!

If you want to be insulting to me, try it to my face. I will be at the rendezvous this year. Maybe you should attend.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread