Another Dutch Hunter Crosses Over

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
personally i can care less about your opinion and i am in no hurry to gain other peoples work. i make my own trail and follow my own path. my info will go with me. i personally am not worried about the next guy. if you cant come up with your own ideas, you will probably not be able to make it out of the supes on your own 2 feet. and yeah the eeeeeeeexcellent!!!! remark rubbed me the wrong way..nobody else thought it was a little out of context about a dutchhunters passing? i must be an oddball

I can see how that remark would offend someone who was friends with Doyle. I don't know you or if you two were friends but, you may be reading more into the comment then was intended. I have spent a little time looking at Doyle and know the man experience hardships. I didn't think it necessary to regurgitate the details on a public forum but he is connected to this story, and because some are suggesting a fraud (Latin Heart), a motive, typically financial gain, has to be at least, considered.

I didn't know the man and even with his problems see no reason yet to suspect him of intentionally contributing to a fraud. But if it is proven that he did participate, knowingly, I will have a firm understand of his reasoning. If he was your friend, and if you find my posts about him offensive, I apologize.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am horse can not reply so please don't address posts to him or about him...

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is my sad duty to report that one of our own has passed over. Bill Leaver (Bill_USA) a longtime tnet user and Dutchman Rendezvous goer, and personal friend to many - including us - has passed. Bill would give someone the shirt from his back - literally, and Bill always walked the walk, and talked the talk. We will dearly miss him. Bill Leaver September 2011.jpg bill leaver.jpg Bill sitting next to Joe.jpg This is Bill sitting next to Joe in Oro's chair Bill sitting next to Joe.jpg

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Bill Leaver was a kind man, generous to a fault, and a good friend. I first met Bill online, and later in person at the Dutch hunters rendezvous. We stayed at his place in AZ several times, and he had sock coffee with us in camp near Quartzsite. We had many interesting discussions over the years. He also had a great sense of humor, even when we ran out of gas on the freeway in Las Vegas <in rush hour no less> and we had to push the car to a station. I will really miss you Bill. Vaya con dios compadre, we will meet on the other side.
Roy
profilepic450_2.gif

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I give you this one thought to keep -- I am with you still -- I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow --I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the gentle Autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift, uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not think of me as gone -- I am with you still -- in each new dawn.

Unknown author.....Native American prayer.

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Blackline posted this earlier today:

"Mitchell Waite passed away on the morning of April 19, 2015, due to heart failure, in Mesa, Arizona."

Sad to hear this, and especially so late. Mitch and I formed a limited partnership a number of years ago. He only made one trip in with our team, and had a very rough night, left the next morning and never made another trip with us. You could hear his heavy, labored breathing all night. We stayed in touch over the years, but never got together again.

Mitch was a very interesting guy and wrote some good books. He led some pretty good expeditions and tours into the Supe's. When he saw my conclusions to the Stone Maps, the only thing he said was, "When do we go in."

He will be missed in the LDM Community.

http://www.thelostdutchmangoldmine.com/forum/search.php?keywords=Mitch

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Blackline posted this earlier today:

"Mitchell Waite passed away on the morning of April 19, 2015, due to heart failure, in Mesa, Arizona."

Sad to hear this, and especially so late. Mitch and I formed a limited partnership a number of years ago. He only made one trip in with our team, and had a very rough night, left the next morning and never made another trip with us. You could hear his heavy, labored breathing all night. We stayed in touch over the years, but never got together again.

Mitch was a very interesting guy and wrote some good books. He led some pretty good expeditions and tours into the Supe's. When he saw my conclusions to the Stone Maps, the only thing he said was, "When do we go in."

He will be missed in the LDM Community.

Lost Dutchman Gold Mine - Arizona Superstition Mountain Wilderness - Search

Joe Ribaudo

mitch was a great guy....he was very overweight and not looking good last time i saw him

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sad to know the news, but not surprised. He spent over 40 years in the mountains and I will always remember the one thing he used to say about the Supes, and he was pretty convinced on this- that something pretty big happened in there. There was a sophisticated operation.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only had the pleasure of talking with Mitchell Waite once on the phone.

He was a very generous and forthcoming about his knowledge of signs and symbols. A real fine gentleman of the highest caliber. My condolences to his family and friends. He was a great Treasure Hunter that knew many aspects of the trade.

He will be missed....

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry to hear it .. I am back CJ .. doing fine

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing a divorce and a few steins in the heart could not fix ...lol

some day I will go to the mts again .. soon I hope a lot good old times out there and a lot of crazy treasure hunters ...

my brother is still kicking but his health is gone past the treasure hunter days its hard to watch other treasure hunter fall by the way .. is that way that made the rendezvous ...lol

some times the real value of treasure is the people you get to know along the way ...

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing a divorce and a few steins in the heart could not fix ...lol

some day I will go to the mts again .. soon I hope a lot good old times out there and a lot of crazy treasure hunters ...

my brother is still kicking but his health is gone past the treasure hunter days its hard to watch other treasure hunter fall by the way .. is that way that made the rendezvous ...lol

some times the real value of treasure is the people you get to know along the way ...

That's so true Bowman! My Brothers and Sisters are long gone, I'm the last Monacan of the family.. LOL

I've had my share of ill health, but, the good news was just given to me this morning and it's nothing short of a miracle. Doc was stunned to find out the results of my last blood test. My dying kidneys have come back to almost normal in a matter of a few weeks!

No change in anything other than positive thinking and meditation (Transcendental) along with working out!

My BP is below the normal range and doing great. My other diseases are in check so I'm just about ready for a renewed Treasure Hunting Trip into the great unknown realms of the Superstition Mountains! My last trip for gold fell short as my younger cohort couldn't handle the load of his own weight much less the back pack I had prepared for him. Two old men, my B in law and I, both stronger than the younger generation men we see today! I even switched packs with him and took the largest most heavy pack on my own back and he still couldn't handle the light load!

Makes one wonder about the future of our country with so many weak physically in our society.

You made your trips into the Sups and still you're talking about more after your stents, that to me is stamina!

Good Luck and let me know if you need any assistance.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cardiac hill sucks at any age ...lol , but it is the shorts path in and once I get there it gets even more fun .. I don't think I can out run a big cat now days but I only have to out think the food chain ...we go into there kill zone and they only see us as food .. I know for a fact there was 3 cats in the search area I was in ...it is a wilderness area ..they get high up on the peaks and rock cliffs and watch the trails and people walking on them .. I watched a cat do that ,.. it made me look around a lot more when I was on those trails ...and yes I had the same effect on my friend mike .,..lol I am solid now and in good stable health ...the rendezvous is to hot temps .. tried that . it was much better latter in the year ,but even then the cold can hit you fast ...where I go it wont matter its going to test your soul ether way ...just good logic and slow pace will get you in and out safe ..more water less gear .. and I agree if you take these younger guys in your going to have to help them and your self ...mike went into a area alone and came out with his eye wide open ... tell you the full story some day ...

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad to learn this morning of the passing of George Johnson.

George was a long time Dutchman enthusiast and a friend to Dutch Hunters everywhere. Most of you knew George from the Superstition Mountain Museum at Apache Junction.
George was a founding member of the Museum and dedicated his life to volunteering at the Museum and serving on it's board.
He was a wealth of historical information, wrote several articles for the Museum and never tired of meeting and talking with Dutch Hunters and visitors of the Superstition Mountains from all over the world.
George will be dearly missed by all who knew him.

George Johnson had just marked his 97th birthday on June 16th of this year. He passed away peacefully at his home yesterday August 29, 2017.

Matthew

George Johnson June 16. 97 yrs..jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions